The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gibbo9

Veteran
Some fool on here asked @Gibbo9 for photos so we get pictures of lovely blue skys while most of us and stuck in a British winter and all it brings ,And he's also got more points than me :angry: I'm sure I can find a technicality to disqualify him

Only joking @Gibbo9 :laugh:

:blush: I mentioned this to my other half the other evening about posting pics of the countryside here whist you are all suffering yet another lockdown. I was genuinely concerned about upsetting people. I will continue to do so for now as there are some wonderful sights I can share with you all once the weather improves.

If it does really wind anyone up then please feel free to direct message me and I will stop. Out again in the morning for another 50 if my legs are up to it.

slow scot

Veteran
:blush: I mentioned this to my other half the other evening about posting pics of the countryside here whist you are all suffering yet another lockdown. I was genuinely concerned about upsetting people. I will continue to do so for now as there are some wonderful sights I can share with you all once the weather improves.

If it does really wind anyone up then please feel free to direct message me and I will stop. Out again in the morning for another 50 if my legs are up to it.
Nobody is in any way annoyed by your posts, trust me. British humour is just a bit weird at times.......actually all the time! Keep up the sunny and warm pictures.

Gibbo9

Veteran
Back by popular demand (or not) ^_^

Woke up to a beautiful clear sky this morning so donned the gear and headed out down to the riverside. GPS went a bit mental at the start so cancelled the route I was following and decided to wing it. Glad I did as it was stunning out. I even managed to throw in a little hill climb at the end just as some added cardio, bit of a thigh burner so tomorrow will be a recovery ride of shorter distance.

1611110839095.png

City skyline from the riverside, it was a bit of a glorious morning.

1611110930950.png

Heading back into the city in this shot. The hill to the right of Taipei 101 (tallest building) is called elephant mountain and is a very nice ride to the top.

1611111051814.png

A typical riverside cycle path, perfectly flat with no potholes. The whole country is a bit of a cyclists dream to be honest.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Back by popular demand (or not) ^_^

Woke up to a beautiful clear sky this morning so donned the gear and headed out down to the riverside. GPS went a bit mental at the start so cancelled the route I was following and decided to wing it. Glad I did as it was stunning out. I even managed to throw in a little hill climb at the end just as some added cardio, bit of a thigh burner so tomorrow will be a recovery ride of shorter distance.

View attachment 569755
City skyline from the riverside, it was a bit of a glorious morning.

View attachment 569756
Heading back into the city in this shot. The hill to the right of Taipei 101 (tallest building) is called elephant mountain and is a very nice ride to the top.

View attachment 569763
A typical riverside cycle path, perfectly flat with no potholes. The whole country is a bit of a cyclists dream to be honest.
And now you bring us perfect tarmac ! Really jealous now :okay:

Domus

Guru
Rode up the Ashworth climb again, still had to take two breathers, when my HR went over 180. Took 54 seconds off my time and this time turned left at the top into Edenfield and Haslingden. Hit a hail shower just before climbing over Holcombe Hill, not pleasant at all, 1ºC on the Wahoo:cold:
Back home with 52 Kms on the clock and 730 metres of upness.

bruce1530

Guru
It’s been a slow start, but I’m in for this year.

Hadn’t been out since before new year. I’m saying to myself that it was a mixture of bad weather and work commitments, but there was a fair amount of lethargy and “can’t be bothered” in there too. A couple of times I’ve got the bike out but a spit of rain has been a good excuse to stay at home.

But got out today, although there was a wee “cheat” in there. Left the house just after lunchtime, and along the coast road to Seamill, then Largs. It’s exactly 20k on the direct route from home to the ferry terminal, so I usually head down some side road loops to make it a round 50.

But just as I left the house, a message came through that I had a work call to make at 4.00. So wouldn’t have time for a comfortable 50.

So back home with 46k on the clock. Half an hour on zoom then back out for another 5k in the dark.
Cheating? Maybe - but I’m taking the position that I didn’t change out of my sweaty clothes, so it was just a coffee stop which happened to be at home ^_^

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
It’s been a slow start, but I’m in for this year.

Hadn’t been out since before new year. I’m saying to myself that it was a mixture of bad weather and work commitments, but there was a fair amount of lethargy and “can’t be bothered” in there too. A couple of times I’ve got the bike out but a spit of rain has been a good excuse to stay at home.

But got out today, although there was a wee “cheat” in there. Left the house just after lunchtime, and along the coast road to Seamill, then Largs. It’s exactly 20k on the direct route from home to the ferry terminal, so I usually head down some side road loops to make it a round 50.

But just as I left the house, a message came through that I had a work call to make at 4.00. So wouldn’t have time for a comfortable 50.

So back home with 46k on the clock. Half an hour on zoom then back out for another 5k in the dark.
Cheating? Maybe - but I’m taking the position that I didn’t change out of my sweaty clothes, so it was just a coffee stop which happened to be at home ^_^
No problem with that ride passes my non change if clothes rule . Did you smarten yourself up for the zoom call ? or sit there in full lyrca

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Cold this morning. No intention of a 50km ride but the sun came out. Had ice formed on arms and gloves for the first hour, then the Garmin stopped recording elevation gain, so 2 stops to turn that off and on, I wonder if ice in the little sensor thing didn't help.
Quite busy out there today, I reckon people trying to beat the forecast snow tomorrow.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Cold this morning. No intention of a 50km ride but the sun came out. Had ice formed on arms and gloves for the first hour, then the Garmin stopped recording elevation gain, so 2 stops to turn that off and on, I wonder if ice in the little sensor thing didn't help.
Quite busy out there today, I reckon people trying to beat the forecast snow tomorrow.
At least you had the curtesty to let me post my 4th point before equalling me :laugh:

Top Bottom