The 2026 Half Century (50km or 50 mile) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

Über Member
Location
SW Leeds
Monthly update and last weekend warning. We have 19 riders fully posted up for September leaving 4 riders yet to declare so just a gentle nudge to @Bazzer ,@bruce1530 ,@CR and @Dadam
Well done everyone that's 75% done

Yikes! I’ve got one available day (Saturday)
 

Dadam

Über Member
Location
SW Leeds
Yikes! I’ve got one available day (Saturday)

Life has kicked me in the arse. Well, the guts.
I’m not going to be on a bike at all today. Son has had a tummy bug this week and, yes he’s passed it to me.

Tomorrow we’re taking daughter to Uni and that might be a fun trip if I need to to dash to the services every half hour! 😱
Then I’m working. Or, potentially, off sick

So looks like I’m out of the challenge
 

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
That’s not great @Dadam

Hope delivering your Daughter goes ok - for you both 😁

Hate to say it - but perhaps ‘this’ is exactly why we all should get a Banker ride in as early as possible. Even if timing / conditions etc aren’t entirely favourable. You just never know what’s around the corner.

Still hoping you might find a way though as yet ? A shame to lose 8 months hard work 🙁
 

Dadam

Über Member
Location
SW Leeds
That’s not great @Dadam

Hope delivering your Daughter goes ok - for you both 😁

Hate to say it - but perhaps ‘this’ is exactly why we all should get a Banker ride in as early as possible. Even if timing / conditions etc aren’t entirely favourable. You just never know what’s around the corner.

Still hoping you might find a way though as yet ? A shame to lose 8 months hard work 🙁

I really can't see a way. DI don't think I'll be up to riding until back end of the week. At the moment it's 50/50 whether I'll even be able to drive daughter to uni.
TBH the challenge didn't even cross my mind this month.
 

Domus

Guru
Location
Sunny Radcliffe
Lovely morning in Sunny Grange so a ride to Coniston by way of a change. Egg and bacon roll in Coniston before the big climb of the day up Hawkshead Hill. The Windermere ferry was working so that saved the climb to Newby Bridge which has a daunting 16% ramp. A breezy ride along the Lyth Valley had me back in Grange after 75 Kms and 1,147 metres of climbing. 😱









IMG_2391.jpeg


IMG_2395.jpeg


IMG_2394.jpeg
 

VinSumRox

Über Member
Location
Scottish Borders
Only the one standard

20260928_150530.jpg
pic from what is probably the last ride of the month. A loop round Melrose, Lauder, Gordon and Redpath.
 
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Legendary Member
Location
leicester
So we're up and running for October with a different member of the Suffolk massive leading the charge due to a busy morning for me and not getting out till 1300 to get a banker ride in . Well done to @Jenkins on being the 1st poster this month beating me by about 2 hrs .
September round up , unfortunately no Miracle recovery occurred for @Dadam so he is out of the challenge leaving us with 22 rider fully posted up for September
 
Top Bottom