The 8 o’clock nhs clapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Didn't hear any clapping on the street tonight.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Injuns innit , they let off fireworks all year for gods and stuff .
Do the Chinese let off fireworks for year of the cat ? :huh:

Last edited:

Slioch

Guru
Plenty of clapping here. Plus a lot of chit chat between neighbours afterwards (at an appropriate distance of course), which was nice. In previous weeks we've just done the happy clappy thing, immediately followed by everybody immediately barricading themselves back in behind their front doors.

Did`nt hear any clapping or fireworks only a dog that has been left barking since before 15:00 and still barking at 20:15 and that in itself is the norm.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I didn't hear any clapping, or fireworks, as I was driving up the M6 at 8 o'clock.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It was kinda cool the first week, when it was dark, but no need for it now. To be honest the whole thing's a bit much, a respectful clap is nice, but the whole charade on Westminster bridge the other week, boats doing circles on the Thames, people shaming their neighbours for not joining in? What a pious bunch of daffodils.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Daylight fireworks here too. If they ended up in hospital by blowing a finger off, I would end up in A and E myself. Laugh so damn hard, I'd collapse.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
For a couple of my neighbours, it's the only chance they can go to the door step. Might just take baby Kyoto (ragdoll cat) over to see one of the neighbours tomorrow (from a distance). We call her 'baby' but the neighbour hasn't seen her yet and the cat is 7 months old and big.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Our house and one of our immediate neighbours has been out every week clapping. Us mainly because child 1 was a nurse for several years before becoming a teacher and next door because one of their daughters was released from hospital after major bowel surgery just before this all kicked off; and they did not expect her to come out alive.
For the first time tonight, next door but one also came out, but the rest along the road didn't and haven't on any week.
Decided tonight to take a bell out to make some noise. We have a small collection of hand bells, including an ARP bell from WW2. So as it's VE day tomorrow and the front of our house has bunting up, it seemed appropriate to ring the ARP bell. At least we and the next door neighbours found it :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The sunshine had brought everybody out onto their doorsteps this fine Wednesday evening. The neighbours were obviously impressed by my cycling prowess. As I sprinted up the road past them they burst into spontaneous applause, so I waved back at them as I headed home. I took my bike inside and looked at my kitchen clock... 8:03, THURSDAY, 7th May! Oops... :whistle:

Top Bottom