The advantage of eating in Michelin starred restaurants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We had a family meal out at Mr. Underhills in Ludlow last night. I really cannot praise it enough for innovation, execution and style. It's all very simple - everyone has the same nine course menu - albeit we pigged it a bit and had the cheese selection as well to bump it up to ten. Absolutely delicious and remarkable value for money, given the sheer effort that that had gone into each course. I can thoroughly recommend it especially as they've got a special offer on the champagne at the moment.

TVC

Ah that's better, it wouldn't be Sunday without one of Patrick's food threads.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Didn't the Michelin star begin as a guide to stops for motorists.....................I. e. Transport Cafes. :whistle:
I'd sooner eat at home. :hungry:
Fish pie made with Salmon, Cod and Smoked Haddock served with Broccoli, Carrots and Peas Petit Pois. :hyper:
By me I must add :becool:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
We had a family meal out at Mr. Underhills in Ludlow last night. I really cannot praise it enough for innovation, execution and style. It's all very simple - everyone has the same nine course menu - albeit we pigged it a bit and had the cheese selection as well to bump it up to ten. Absolutely delicious and remarkable value for money, given the sheer effort that that had gone into each course. I can thoroughly recommend it especially as they've got a special offer on the champagne at the moment.
A badge with 5 stars does not necessarily mean they're Michelin ... did you 'go large?'

TVC

I did beef stew and dumplings, hopefully it will be the last stew of the season as the temperature rises and the summer menus come out.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Seems good value, did you stay over as well.
Err - we haven't seen the bill yet......................

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It's a great confidence trick having you believe that Michelin starred restauraunts hand prepare everything and take great care cooking it. My butler informs me that a reliable source of his told him that it comes in cans and packets and he supplied me with some evidence:

porkbrains.jpg

9e057d5db6c778bda21458e256820bdf.jpg
foodeat7.jpg

megapussi.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKcYJMZb-YTzbXbv0Vc0WmFnSQt5984pD0M37eabeFy6PBJNcc.jpg
a1f9fec6a81c17e89402b6dce4ee81ed.jpg

shoppi5.jpg
erektus.jpg

Paying a restaurant a premium for their adventurous use of a can opener is the at the pinnacle of pretentiousness.

Top Bottom