The alcoholic beverage thread...what are you supping right now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nice Portuguese white wine. Defesa by Esporão. Brought it back from our last trip
To Aldi or Lidl?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just having a few of these.

1623446511699.png

What an evening to start this thread. Second vaccination yesterday so no alcohol to maximise efficacy. So it's sparkling water and fresh lime juice for me
Not read that this was required, has anyone tested identical twins to see if this actually makes a difference? It harks back to 'no booze' with anti-biotics that was seemingly just 'a scam' to make sure that drunkards actually completed the consumption of said penicillin.

midlife

Guru
Carling... Cheap as chips :smile:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I've always wanted - but was too weak - to give up alcohol completely but i love it too much.

What prompted my latest abstinence though was being asked to do some real, client-facing work - and I couldn't get into my suit!

During the lockdown period, I've got - there's no other word for this - fat. I've always been able to get into a 30 trouser but no more! I did get into them but while they were fastened, they were cutting me in half.

So this year I've tried a new strategy. We always do a dry January so I thought we'd do a one-one, one-off approach because that works best for me. I'm not a man of moderation, I'm an all-or-nothing sort of person so if I'm not drinking, I'm not drinking. It was my best friend's birthday yesterday and he asked me out, tried to talk me into it but if my mind's made up, it's made up so I had to say no.

We've now done January, last week in Feb and all March and now we're on with June. Even with the pubs open and the football, I won't slip.

Top Bottom