The Aldi £125 voucher scam.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Be aware.
A friend sent us a link. Just click on and give some details and you get a £125 voucher from Aldi. She had already done it.
Call me Mr cynical but my first thought was why? Why would Aldi do that?
I googled it and sure enough it is a scam.
Too late for my friend sadly.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Was it an offer to be rewarded as a mystery shopper or some other ruse?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Was it an offer to be rewarded as a mystery shopper or some other ruse?
Another. Very clever. It tells you to answer some simple questions and you will get the voucher. There is even a digital "countdown" telling you how many vouchers are remaining so you have to be quick.

I would never have guessed that you knew the latter even existed, but, you live and learn. Maybe you overhead one of the footmen or something.
My chauffeur's butler passes it on the way to Fortnum and Mason.

Similiar thing.... A couple of years ago both asda and tescos were giving away 50 inch tvs to everyone who liked and signed up to email alerts on 'their' facebook page... Loads of my friends liked the pages...

Of they weren't though.. Apparently the scam is set up a page similiar to said supermarkets.. And then the list is sold as gullible muppets who can possibly be scammed...

Non of my facebook friends could do maths... £400 tv to over a 1000 people yeah of course..

Levo-Lon

Guru
I would never have guessed that you knew the latter even existed, but, you live and learn. Maybe you overhead one of the footmen or something.

You shouldn't jest..

I went to price a job at Stow School ,or rather the estate owner a Mr Able Smith.
His lordship and the lady wanted the stable block paving.

Her Ladyship was concerned about people entering the Huge stable area in their Range Rovers at speed..
I suggested a rumble strip..she clapped her hands a said yes yes a rumble strip!!
Whats a rumble strip....seriously she said that:laugh:

I replied when you drive into a shopping area or a supermarket,its the bit when you drive in that shakes the car..bit like a cattle grid?
Ohh she says ive never been to one of those..:banghead:

Thankfully i didn't get the job..feckin nightmare

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The 'something for nothing' scam is as old as the hills and people are still falling for it despite the old adage of 'if its too good to be true it probably is'.
A company down here called Menzgold has been operating a ponzi scheme which promised investors a 10% monthly return but the principal has run off with several million dollars in his private jet and left investors blaming the government.
https://www.myjoyonline.com/news/2019/january-10th/court-dismisses-menzgold-suit-against-sec.php

https://www.myjoyonline.com/enterta...-and-luxury-cars-at-trasacco.php?iRef=artMore

Last edited:
Top Bottom