"The" and "Teh"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with my spelling (had a sadistic teacher who used to make us learn about forty spellings every night) but I must admit I do have a habit of mixing letters up when typing. I don't know why I do this but usually will proof read what I type for silly errors.

Dan B

Disengaged member
passowrd, netowrk

<techie>Back in the day before ssh existed and we used to use telnet for connecting to remote machines, I registered the domain telent.net. Past or present hosts in that domain have included loaclhost,ww,eamcs,noetbook and oralce</techie>

red_tom

coruskate said:
passowrd, netowrk

ifcofnig

Arch

Married to Night Train
yEAH, i OFTEN TRANPOSE LETTERS

Oh, and it seems I often hit the caps lock, sorry...

I do transpose letters, quite often, especially if I'm trying to type fast, and more worryingly (to me), I sometimes type completely the wrong word - not every day maybe, but often enough to notice. Last time I noticed it, I meant to type 'what's' and typed 'worse' - in my darker moments I wonder if it's the early onset of something or other....

Wow, I'm glad it's not just me. The other one I do is sometime sI Put the space in the wrong place, and sometimes I type a simple short word like "your" and my pork sausage fingers hit lots of extra keys so that it comes out as "yiopurdr" or something. One day I'll stop correcting my posts and see how good a tyupist I really am.:biggrin:

JediGoat

Formerly Phump
I'm rather alarmed that I've started typing don;t, can;t, won;t (I'm not a negative person, honest :ohmy: ).

I can't remember when my right hand stopped being able to automatically reach the ' key and decided to hit the ; key instead.

Recently, my right hand (it must be the badly behaved one out of the pair) also feels obliged to add an extra 'o' to 'you', giving 'youo'. When I just typed that sentence, the correctly spelt one was afflicted with an extra 'o' and had to be corrected, whereas the one I wanted the error in didn;t have it (seems I can't do it when I think about it).

In typing this, I have also had to correct 5 spelling errors caused by transposed letters.

Top Bottom