"The" and "Teh"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm a bit of a stickler for spelling and grammar, as some of you may have noticed. I tend to check my posts for typos and spelling errors and I'm usually pretty good at avoiding them. But the one word I consistently type wrongly is "the", which comes out Lolcats - style as "teh", probably about a third of the time I type it. No other word does this to me. Why that particular one? Does anyone else find teh - sorry, the - same? Or is it a different word for you?

Andy84

Veteran
Is it just when you type the word? (Opposed to pen and paper.)
I find that about 75% of the times that I type 'regards' it will come out as 'reagrds', I put it down to rushing, as it's usually at the end of an email.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ha ha! We have a colleague in the Far East called Teh - it's almost impossible to type his name without automatically typing The.

I can't type cylinder without typing cyclinder.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
yuor - all the bloody time

and I keep typing ; instead of ' - hence you;re etc...

I think there may be a tenedncy to tyep teh letetr "e" earleir on in a word than it ought to be. I wonder if this is anything to do with left-brain/right-brain stuff? For some reason I often type the word "TIMER" (a word I use a lot) as "TIEMR".

Most word processors (at least, if you leave auto-correct switched on) will automatically fix up "teh" without you even noticing. May make for problems if you want to type in a foreign language which actually has the word "teh" (is there any?).

Bman

Guru
threebikesmcginty said:
What's a lolcat?

3129124414_ee47db50c3.jpg

Attachments

• 3129124414_ee47db50c3.jpg
    3129124414_ee47db50c3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 19
Being a bit dyslexic and utterly crap at spelling (and typing for that matter) I do have problems myself.
In work I tend to rely on the spellchecker (I don’t generally use the wrong word), which sorts most problems out. I also tend to format my letters in a fairly simple way- opening, bullet points, close.
On CC I tend to ramble on a bit and I do not check my spelling very often. So I do sound like a bit of an idiot.

Why don’t you just put teh in to autocorrect?

Top Bottom