The Annual Lunacy (aka "I Don't Do Winter") Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Got my first one of they year in today - 35.42 miles (target 35)

Don't forget to post it in the 2023 Challenge thread @Alex321

steverob

Guru
I was also going to wait until I'd posted my first qualifying ride before officially putting my name down as taking on this challenge this year, but as @ColinJ has announced his entry, I think I've got no excuse but to follow suit! I'm going to aim for 66 miles, as that will guarantee an Eddington increase of at least two (and put me close to another) if I complete all 13 rides.

bluenotebob

Veteran
I'm going to aim for 66 miles, as that will guarantee an Eddington increase of at least two (and put me close to another) if I complete all 13 rides.

Blimey @steverob .. that's a huge undertaking. Twelve 100+km rides in the Metric Century challenge plus a further thirteen 100+km rides here.

Good luck with that !

steverob

Guru
Blimey @steverob .. that's a huge undertaking. Twelve 100+km rides in the Metric Century challenge plus a further thirteen 100+km rides here.

Good luck with that !
No, I'm out of the Metric Century challenge unfortunately - failed to get my January ride in for multiple reasons. This is the reason why I've moved over to the Lunacy side of things - would only have done one or the other challenge this year, no way could I do 25 x 100km rides in 12 months!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Just added yesterday's cycling to the other thread, which was a total of 62km for the day.
As a group ride and my longest distance in over 6 months, I feared I wouldn't keep up - but the pace was fine; very relaxed and enjoyable.

A little tiring though; towards the end my left knee was grumbling, and my speed was inconsistent on the hills. The garmin says 70 feet of ascent per mile; it felt worse!

Since reaching my 50s I've really felt very unfit, and my diabolical flexibility has got even worse ("plank like" is being kind). Trying a bit of yoga to help with flexibilty & core strength, and will stick with cycling for cardio.

Alex321

Veteran
Second qualifier for 2023 today. First time I have started a ride in short sleeves and shorts this year. But very glad I put my arm-warmers in my pocket, needed to put them on about half way through the ride, as temperature fell (started at about 11C, was 8 by then, dropped to 6 before I got home).

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Okay, I will try to finish START the challenge this year... I aim to do at least 13 1 rides of 100+ km in 2023.
:whistle:

Joking aside - all being well, I should be doing my 100 km forum ride from Garforth on April 15th. I plan to do another 100 km forum ride in Devon a month later. Hopefully, both of those will take place. I'll try to get more done solo in between.

Top Bottom