The annual summer hat thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I wear baseball caps all year round. In the Summer it gives me a nice sunburnt bit on the back of my head.
Only downside is that they try to come off at speed. This is more of an issue when I'm on the recumbent, so when preparing for warp speed I reverse the hat, which makes me look well hip and trendy:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
gumby012_75905697.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Panama. I bought my first with my first Christmas bonus - £70, back when £70 really was £70. A nice little old leprachaun-type old feller in a back room at Moss Bros, Covent Garden, used steam from a kettle to shape it perfectly to my bonce. Loved that hat, and wore it every summer till it literally fell apart. Never been without one since. They generally last five or six years before falling apart. I think my current one's on its last summer.... *sniff*

upload_2018-6-1_10-49-35.png

A reversible green/sand coloured cloth sun hat. Or a cap in the event of rain.

But this afternoon I will mainly be wearing my straw "ukulele hat" as our band are playing at a garden party for volunteer helpers of Macmillan cancer charity. Hope the thunderstorms stay away, or I may have to swop to a sou'wester and oilskins!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
received_244810842733771.jpeg

My Spain hat waiting for me to return to Spain (top centre).

My parents have an apartment there so my sisters and I leave our hats for our trips.

postman

Legendary Member
That'll keep the sun off.

View attachment 412041

View: https://youtu.be/nmGuy0jievs
I love you all,these guys are great.

postman

Legendary Member
Funnily enough i have just been for a straw hat from Primari today,a fiver can't go wrong for the jolly hollies this year.

perplexed

Guru
Being challenged in the hair department I need to wear a hat in the hot sun.

I have a straw trilby, a wool trilby (bit too warm for summer), a couple of flat caps and I wear a baseball cap when clay shootin' (also to stop the 'smoked' clay fragments from peppering my bonce). I also have a hat which looks a bit like a French police hat but more informal.

I also have a leather Australian bush hat which I've had for about 28 years. This has been relegated to gardening duties.

Top Bottom