The army, what next

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just been on to twitter to try and get ee to add an unsubscribe link in their status update emails as I'm no longer a customer (not been for years) and this promoted tweet popped up.

I've seen it all now, when they put adverts like that up.

Screenshot_20190119-082157.png

winjim

Smash the cistern
The squaddie in that photo has thrown a hissy fit and said he's going to quit the army because they called him a name. Oh the irony.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Aye, if your employer put your picture on thousands of posters and adverts all over the country next to a derogatory term, you'd be absolutely fine with it.
Of course I would seek to demonstrate that that derogatory term did not apply to me... by immediately displaying the defining characteristics of that term.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's the government interfering. They put Capita in charge of military recruitment and processing. Yes, Capita who've muffed ul everything they've touched, who've failed to deliver a single government project within budget ever.

Aye, if your employer put your picture on thousands of posters and adverts all over the country next to a derogatory term, you'd be absolutely fine with it.
He volunteered his photo. He was told all about it, and he’s a soldier, you do what your told, and don’t question it, it’s called ‘military discipline’.

I’ve been watching the new “Paras” documentary thing on the telly, over the past couple of weeks. I couldn’t help but laugh at the Joe who couldn’t put his rifle back together again, despite having been shown how to by the Corporal, after several attempts, or the Joe of Afghan origin, who was doing his prayer mat routine, in the barracks, in front of a Corporal who’d been on operation Herrick, and wondered why he got struck out, on PCoy. I know it was telly, and they ‘edit for maximum entertainment’ but it has been an eye opener.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I’ve been watching the new “Paras” documentary thing on the telly, over the past couple of weeks. I couldn’t help but laugh at the Joe who couldn’t put his rifle back together again, despite having been shown how to by the Corporal, after several attempts, or the Joe of Afghan origin, who was doing his prayer mat routine, in the barracks, in front of a Corporal who’d been on operation Herrick, and wondered why he got struck out, on P company. I know it was telly, and they ‘edit for maximum entertainment’ but it has been an eye opener.
1. Afghani recruit had acted as interpreter in Afghanistan for British forces
2. Afghani recruit was seen failing several physical tests during P Company

Not sure what point you're trying to prove but he failed due to failing the physical tests (both failures shown in the program) not due to anything connected to his religion. Unless you have some evidence to the contrary.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just been on to twitter to try and get ee to add an unsubscribe link in their status update emails as I'm no longer a customer (not been for years) and this promoted tweet popped up.

I've seen it all now, when they put adverts like that up.

View attachment 447810
My brother is a Major in the RA.
His view is that the advert is aimed at 18 year old recruits, not 50 year old grumpy men. If we don’t like it, it is probably doing it’s job.
(See Gillette advert for current example)

Being a squadie isn’t all about killing people. A lot of work is humanitarian.

Top Bottom