The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, they really do remove the finish with sandpaper and other tools and methods. The thing that amuses me is that they don't seem to 'relic' it in the places where it would usually naturally get worn so you can spot it's fake.
How much!?!? :eek:
As much as I like Gretsch guitars, & particularly the G6120 range, this is bit silly money for a replica
Converts to approximately £19,200

A splendidly chosen number for the run, as Setzers primary guitar was a '59 model, for a lot of years

https://www.scmusic.com.au/product/...y-electric-guitar-no-39-of-59-made-worldwide/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Mike Dirnt roadworn signature bass ordered. Thought I'd treat myself, a reward for being so awesome.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
To add my 2p: even as a pub musician, I'd use a nice bass. No point in having just for home noodling. Also why I don't have a lot of them. Two is a bit of a nuisance, space wise.

a friend of mine told me he had 14 basses and i asked how he decided which one to take to a gig. His reply... the cheapest

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I choose my live rig in the basis of weight, feel, user friendliness and tone. Fortunately it's a £400 Sire Marcus Miller Pbass. My backup live plank is a £105 Harley Benton with Warman pickup, Wilko tuners and CTS pots and loom.

MontyVeda

For a couple of years before the demise of the Rock 'n' Roll Outlaws, until I bought the Squier CV P, I had just the one. Even my normal penchant for backup didn't bother me. So about seven years with just one.

I've so far managed stick to only having one... one classical, one steel string, one twelve string, one electric and one bass :unsure:

But now i've decided l like making them, I'm going to have to break the 'only one' rule

MontyVeda

Aye seen those. There's plenty of excellent luthier advice all over the web.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Got me an invacar green groove machine. Very nice it is too.

Attachments

• 20240417_234641.jpg
    20240417_234641.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
And it sounds soooo ballsy.

Only fault - G is cut a little short, not enough around the capstan so when it tunes ro about F or F#, just short of G it starts to slip and detunes. At first I thought it was a duff tuner, but sussed it in the end. Anderton's are sending me whole new set of strings, so that's a result.

Top Bottom