The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Yes, what happened to that? I was looking forward to the unfolding story or did I miss something?
all was going well until a bout of pneumonia knocked me off my feet over xmas and new year... then the weather's been putting me off cycling over to where my workshop is and it's cold in there so :blush:

This is how i left it just before xmas...
...needs a neck pocket, lid, pick-up slot and a cover for the hole in the back,
then it's just assembly and a bit of spit and polish... I'm aiming for May :rolleyes:

MontyVeda

stumbled across this video which i thought would be handy in a tonewood debate...

MontyVeda

in other news. I've made a walnut plug to fill the gap in my backside. I'll post photo's in a few days :okay:

I've probably spent more time thinking about this little cover than I had when shaping and routing the body. I don't want any strap buttons on the bass, but want some close at hand should I change my mind, so have mounted a couple of brass grommets in the body and the strap buttons will live inside the bass on the back of the cavity cover, along with the tools for the bridge, p-ups and truss rod.

There's a myriad of tiny magnets hidden beneath the little slots and button holes to hold everything in place. The cover is also held on with magnets and pressing one side flips it out :becool:

Last edited:
Well, for the first time in ages, I thought about playing my bass. Cue sorting out the Tascam bass trainer, so I can noodle along with headphones, as I never use amp and speakers at home. Trainer is complete toast. Much depression. Fired up Basschat, and consulted the hive mind, and discovered there was a little box called a Sessioncake (I kid you not), and after a quick trawl through ebay, found one new for under 25 squids delivered. Happy days!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Well, for the first time in ages, I thought about playing my bass. Cue sorting out the Tascam bass trainer, so I can noodle along with headphones, as I never use amp and speakers at home. Trainer is complete toast. Much depression. Fired up Basschat, and consulted the hive mind, and discovered there was a little box called a Sessioncake (I kid you not), and after a quick trawl through ebay, found one new for under 25 squids delivered. Happy days!
I use a small Blackstar Fly 3 with the two speaker set up. No chance of annoying the neighbors but gives a satisfying sound.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have decided to practice standing up. I could have sworn that I had a strap somewhere but if I did, I don't know where I put it. I am going to nip out to buy one shortly.

I heard through the grapevine that a friend of a friend is having a clear out. That includes guitar kit. I may be able to pick up some of it cheap or even free. I am waiting to hear back...

It's my birthday in a few days. My "main" ukulele, which I bought for about £40 secondhand around 10 years ago is now quite knackered, having done 100+ gigs with our uke band, plus many practice sessions and club nights.
So, I got the go-ahead to order a new uke for my birthday. Delivery hopefully early next week. I will post pictures in due course.

Wish me good weather on Saturday lunchtime: our club is busking at the local shopping centre to raise funds for D.E.C. aid to Ukraine. I'm in charge. What can possibly go wrong????

MontyVeda

is that just a headphone amp?

Top Bottom