There - it's true, see!
Bollocks!

banal, beerguts, baldy, bamboozled, bayonet............s'not working :eek:

Try again

Bacon, beach, ball.......beaver! :sad:

I'm babbling :sad:

U

User169

Saw Gunter Wand conduct Bruckner 8 in 1995 in Edinburgh. I think he had agreed to conduct something else, but at the last minute, and as usual, decided he'd conduct Bruckner instead.

Musically, this is my preference as the best B

OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
I would have loved to attend that concert. Mind you there have been some pretty good Bruckner Proms in the last couple of years - Rattle with his Berliners in the 7th, and Barenboim with the Vienna Phil in the 4th.

I worked in the big HMV near Bond Street tube station for a while. The B's occupied about a sixth of the classical stock on their own. Only the S's came close. Keeping those bloody Bach cantatas organised was a nightmare... customers seem to take delight in shuffling them!

domtyler

Über Member
NickM said:
I would have loved to attend that concert. Mind you there have been some pretty good Bruckner Proms in the last couple of years - Rattle with his Berliners in the 7th, and Barenboim with the Vienna Phil in the 4th.

I worked in the big HMV near Bond Street tube station for a while. The B's occupied about a sixth of the classical stock on their own. Only the S's came close. Keeping those bloody Bach cantatas organised was a nightmare... customers seem to take delight in shuffling them!
Posh Git!! ;)

U

User169

NickM said:

One of the things I miss about London is the Proms.

Quite agree on the Bs; Bach, Beethoven, Bartok. Not so sure about that Bruckner chap mind you.

TheDoctor

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
If you ask me, the best things in life begin with an 'A'
Or a 'W'
Or a 'S'
Or maybe even a CJH.:thumbsup:

but most probably a E(lephant)

Top Bottom