The best things in life begin with B

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
NickM said:
There - it's true, see!
Bollocks!

banal, beerguts, baldy, bamboozled, bayonet............s'not working :eek:

Try again

Bacon, beach, ball.......beaver! :sad:

I'm babbling :sad:

U

User169

Saw Gunter Wand conduct Bruckner 8 in 1995 in Edinburgh. I think he had agreed to conduct something else, but at the last minute, and as usual, decided he'd conduct Bruckner instead.

Musically, this is my preference as the best B

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
I would have loved to attend that concert. Mind you there have been some pretty good Bruckner Proms in the last couple of years - Rattle with his Berliners in the 7th, and Barenboim with the Vienna Phil in the 4th.

I worked in the big HMV near Bond Street tube station for a while. The B's occupied about a sixth of the classical stock on their own. Only the S's came close. Keeping those bloody Bach cantatas organised was a nightmare... customers seem to take delight in shuffling them!

domtyler

Über Member
NickM said:
I would have loved to attend that concert. Mind you there have been some pretty good Bruckner Proms in the last couple of years - Rattle with his Berliners in the 7th, and Barenboim with the Vienna Phil in the 4th.

I worked in the big HMV near Bond Street tube station for a while. The B's occupied about a sixth of the classical stock on their own. Only the S's came close. Keeping those bloody Bach cantatas organised was a nightmare... customers seem to take delight in shuffling them!

Posh Git!! ;)

U

User169

NickM said:

One of the things I miss about London is the Proms.

Quite agree on the Bs; Bach, Beethoven, Bartok. Not so sure about that Bruckner chap mind you.

Top Bottom