The Bkool website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gos

Hi,

Does anyone know what the "Absolute", "Male veteran 2" filter means on the rankings page on the Bkool website? Also, what is the definition of a "season" in the period filter?
Untitled.png

Also, generally speaking does anyone know what Bkool's statement of direction with the website is? Are they planning to re-wamp the site?

The UI is amazingly buggy (and outdated in may ways) and has been for years and it seems there is very limited quality control and testing going on at Bkool. There are even security issues with the web that I won't go into here :-)

A while back I offered to test, review or help in any way I could but got no response from Bkool. I would love if they would improve the site, fix bugs and get it up to date.

Also, I see that the Bkool user (https://www.cyclechat.net/members/bkool.44510/) has not been active for a long time on the forum. I guess they have stopped visiting the forum? Strange, as this (as I understand, please correct me if I am wrong) is the largest "Bkool" community on the internet.

What are your thoughts on this subject? Do you use the website alot?

Gos

kapelmuur

Veteran
I use the Bkool trainer but not the website, I don’t use a turbo very much it’s just an option when the weather is too bad to ride outdoors. I have a selection of favourites that I use, I don’t look for new rides because, as you say, quality control does not exist and they put up very poor videos. I should say I only use videos as I like to see blue skies and sun when the weather limits me to indoor riding.
I think that ‘absolute’ is everyone who has completed the session while ‘veteran 2’ is only riders in your age group.
I hope that Bkool pulling out of hardware will allow them to improve their online product but I fear that Zwift will overwhelm them.

Reactions: gos

shimceltic

Veteran
I think absolute just covers everyone/ability and the other filters will be your category. Season is what year it was done. The website isn't very good so hopefully the will be improving

OP
OP
gos

gos

It says "Male Veteran 2" in my profile but I wonder what the category definitions are. There is a very good chart/info on "Bkool fitness levels" in the FAQ on this forum but I haven't seen anything about this.

I think season 2019-2020 in the period filter might be September-May or something but it would be nice to get confirmation.

I hope they put more effort into the web (since they are selling the hardware part) because it could be really good with a little more effort on their behalf and I love the simulator and I have no interest in switching to another program.

shimceltic

Veteran
It says "Male Veteran 2" in my profile but I wonder what the category definitions are. There is a very good chart/info on "Bkool fitness levels" in the FAQ on this forum but I haven't seen anything about this.

I think season 2019-2020 in the period filter might be September-May or something but it would be nice to get confirmation.

I hope they put more effort into the web (since they are selling the hardware part) because it could be really good with a little more effort on their behalf and I love the simulator and I have no interest in switching to another program.
I'm just classed as male.... No veteran or anything else.
I hope they keep improving the non simulation side as like you say its great with loads of variety and just needs dome polishing on the interface

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Veteran X is age based, not performance based. IIRC they jump at 40 to Veteran, 50 V2, 60 V3. I am not sure if there are any other levels.

There is a table in the FAQ thread, first post, for Performance based levels.

Top Bottom