1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The bloke on the chainy...

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by yenrod, 20 Jul 2007.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Turned the power uuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppp ona false flat which went on for quite a while........so much I was totally shelled man - last night - so I sacked it off and done 2.5hrs on my own...

Anyone have any chainy stories....:tongue:

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

False flats can really be a tester, good to keep going and still get a good ride into the legs though, Yenners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. rustychisel

rustychisel Well-Known Member

that was English was it Yenners?

4. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Yenrod, what do you mean?

5. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Yeah but if your SOO hammered after a false flat that goes on for about 3/4ml. at 25mph...then I feel its understandable to 'let 'em go... esp. if your down on training ! ;)

Legs are better now though...

Onwards and Upwards ! :biggrin:

6. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Pehaps you are seeing the wrong doctor...?

7. zimzum42

zimzum42 Guru

it's a problem, innit. you can either do everything in your power to hold on, but then when you fall down at the end and nearly die, you look like a wuss.

or you can drop off, but you look like a wuss.

So, either way, you look like a wuss, but the way you did it at least you got a nice ride in.........

(well, as nice as you can get on a ride to Runcorn and back........)

8. skwerl

skwerl New Member

Something along the lines of:

The chap at the front decided to increase the speed up what appeared to be a fairly flat section but ended up being a long, steady gradient. I was awfully tired afterwards. So much so that I decided to toddle off on my lonesome for the rest of the ride. Spiffing.