The bottle cage challenge... (to complete by Christmas)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Black Sheep
the winner (and other awards methinks) shall be announced on new-years day.

so still time

OP
OP
Black Sheep
So sorry I didn't update the winner, was at the in-laws with no internet and then forgot since.

1st place, given that the task changed to recycled material
"basically the idea was using a common, cheap, household object to make a bottle cage from"

Arch:
bottlecageresized-jpg.16496.jpg

Given the weather recently 2nd place goes to:
Night Train's 'insulated' effort:

dsc_1045-jpg.16498.jpg

He might have done better had he gotten round to a permanent fixing to the bike instead of just a mock up.

Bumped into 3rd place:
perfect for fitting to a Pashley or other vintage chic bike:

DSCF7885.jpg

Mark is to also be commended for his topical use of bike chain for his other entry,

Special mention goes to HovR for his effort produced using wire as along the lines of the original concept.

It's fitted to my 'summer' bike, so I might leave it on there and see how it fares out on the road!
May I make one suggestion for a modification to make it UK weather proof?
Given last summer's weather conditions, perhaps you might ask NT to drill some drainage holes in the bottom, so that your water bottle does not float in its own cooling lake

Arch

Married to Night Train
May I make one suggestion for a modification to make it UK weather proof?
Given last summer's weather conditions, perhaps you might ask NT to drill some drainage holes in the bottom, so that your water bottle does not float in its own cooling lake

'Ere! I'm a modern woman. I can drill my own holes!

Well, I could, if I had a drill.....

Night Train

Maker of Things
'Ere! I'm a modern woman. I can drill my own holes!

Well, I could, if I had a drill.....
Dremel?:whistle:

OP
OP
Black Sheep
Make them in the corners so any water drops straight to the floor and doesn't dribble down the frame towards the cranks and BB

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Or, don't make ANY holes, so when it fills up with rain, you can use that to top up your water bottle! :thumbsup:
Do I get a prize?

Top Bottom