The Brian Robinson Challenge, Kirklees - entries open - Sun 29th April 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
A couple of things I've learnt: I don't like descending in the wind. I don't like descending when it's raining. Oh, and when it rains I can't see anything through my glasses.

Given that it rained all day there were times when I was riding completely blind :banghead:

As Big C mentioned what was that about rain around 11-12?

:laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done to those who managed it - I wouldn't have bothered - Holmes Moss would have been impossible if you were coming West. I have been up there in bad wind, but yesterday was mental

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Photos are up. Mine (of the 2) are at:

b51_5169_14741770.jpeg

I decided to do the Red Rose Yesterday and managed to get blown of the road twice :ohmy: definitely a tad windy , Oh and I got wet very wet but did manage to get back to Halifax before the thirteen hours twenty minute cut off with twenty minutes to spare :wahhey:

Paul

Svendo

Guru
I didn't ride, as I'd not entered! And I had another crash on saturday, second in a week. Feeling a bit sorry for myself! Bike seems OK, which is the important thing, just a chip and some scratches. I've just got two layers of road rash and bruises!

I had no regrets not entering looking at the weather though! I rode out to Holme Moss a few weeks ago in similar wind, and it was easily the scariest time on a bike, so windy over the top I had to walk half a mile down the far side, and I thought I'd be blown off my feet never mind the bike.

Well done on making it round, even the shortened course. I also thought of those doing the Red Rose ride, and well done PMarkey, can't have been many that started or finished even!

Top Bottom