The bum question and honesty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I operate a strict policy of dishonesty.

A loaded question if ever there was one. As a husband of many years standing, there is no right answer. If you say no, the lady in question will of already made her mind up, and disagree . If you say yes it it enormous, that dress does not suit you, you are doomed. Be brave, and run away.:bicycle:

Alternative 1:

Husband : " No dear, it looks fine"
Wife:" No it doesn't - it looks awful, you don't care how I look"

Alternative 2:
Husband: "I am afraid that it does"
Wife: " I like it, you have absolutely no taste and I am buying it"

robjh

Legendary Member
As my dear mum used to say "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".
I take this to mean that if you say something to make someone feel good about themselves, then that's perfectly acceptable, whether it's a little white lie or not :smile:

But if you ask the question and get a stony silence, that might not seem the best thing.

perplexed

Guru
Sure enough my wife asked me the bum question, you know "Do you think I have a big bum?" there are variations like "Does my bum look big in this?" for instance. Of course I answered "No dear" which in my experience is always the best/only answer. To be honest I never give it a lot of thought because this way trouble lurks. I just feign consideration with a slight pause.
Am I being dishonest or just protecting my best interest - or?

I think what you need to do is to take lots of photos in various garments of attire and post them for our serious deliberations...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just tell her you've applied to get her butt its own postcode.

stephec

Legendary Member
My answer was -

Why do you want a skinny little arse? Yours is a proper womanly shape, nice and rounded.

I think I got away with it. :biggrin:

If that doesn't work then you could always add -

Skinny women are alright to look at every now and then, but not as much fun to play with.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
I think I/m going to pass on most of these suggestions but thanks anyway:stop:
I did try the honest approach once and I said " Yes you have a big bum but I like it" which is true
but my advice is DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.
Do you really?
It's not TOO big is it?
Has it always been big?
Would you still love me if I had a small bum?

and so on.....

Top Bottom