The Bus Tribute Video Follow up Vid:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Dodgy overtake by the bus, and then an even dodgier decision to go between them. :blush:

bauldbairn

Liked the first video and the soundtrack. :tongue:

Agree with Ben regards the squeeze between the buses - their "blindspot" is from approximately halfway between the front and rear wheels to the drivers side window's. Once you pass the rear wheels of a bus your in a dangerzone - there's also the tailswing to consider before this.
I don't commute in busy city traffic(living in a town and working shifts) so I always find these vids amazing. :wacko:

I was in busy traffic in Glasgow city centre on Tuesday and saw a cyclist on a cracking orange fixed with handlebars no more than 8 inches wide. Is that just for squeezing through such gaps? :blush:

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

User3143 said:
No, it's not.

Thanks Lee,the gods honest truth is I knew what I was doing...I knew what the bus was doing...Sorry if it looked dodgy but I swear it wasn't....

Originally I didn't think he was going to stop then he pulled left to stop a bit further up...I have no problem with buses as they are part and parcel of my commute and would miss them if they were gone...

I certainly missed them during the snow.:blush:

CopperBrompton

hackbike 666 said:
Well I have been commuting through Central London for the last twenty years and have never had a problem.
Glad to hear it, but it only takes one siren from an emergency services vehicle for that bus driver to pull in a bit to help them past and you are dead.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Ben Lovejoy said:
Glad to hear it, but it only takes one siren from an emergency services vehicle for that bus driver to pull in a bit to help them past and you are dead.

I thought he did pull in.(I had no problem with that)

Camera angle is different also...I had tons of space...If it had miraculously crushed then the betting is it would have crushed my handlebars?

The betting there is also he would have taken a few peds out.

CopperBrompton

hackbike 666 said:
I thought he did pull in.
It pulled in towards the stop, meaning the gap closed at the front but not along the length of the bus. If he'd squeezed over for a police car or ambulance, the gap would have closed along the length of the bus.

It's your life and your call, of course.

g00se

Veteran
What would have happened if he decided abandon pulling in, but steered a fraction right to rejoin the lane he was in? The rear would have swept back in as he pulled away...

Now, not a high probability he would have done that but...

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

If's and buts,if's and buts.....It didn't and im fine.

You are all nitpicking on here...perhaps I could have been hit by lightning and run into the back of him...Now that's possible.

I wish you lot would stop finding the negative things that could happen for once.

Im just thinking though...perhaps if a Police marksman had shot the bus driver then i'd have been up 5h1t creek without a paddle.:laugh:

g00se

Veteran
Sorry - didn't mean to offend. But you did ask for comments on the first post?

Anyway - I liked the chose of music on the original post :laugh:

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

g00se said:
Sorry - didn't mean to offend. But you did ask for comments on the first post?

Anyway - I liked the chose of music on the original post :smile:

No offence taken to any comment on any thread...hopefully I have grown up a bit now to try not to worry (or take offence)....anyway if you want to see a near accident involving me and a land rover then check out my commute 95 incident,that one I really did think I was going to be in a collision as circumstances were out of my control...Unlike the bus where I knew what I was doing and fully concentrating on what he was doing..:laugh:

I'd swap that any day to not go through the landrover incident again or perhaps the lorry either..(commute 100 incident)

Tynan

Veteran
defensive riding/driving is about risk avoidance though surely

and riding into a gap between two high sided long vehicles ...

Top Bottom