The Capri Lives on - !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
A Capri needs rust. And the experience won't be complete if it doesn't struggle to start on a damp morning.

But yourself a 2.8i or 3 litre....

Could also then complete that sentence with: "Also drinks fuel and eats gearboxes....."

CXRAndy

Guru
But yourself a 2.8i or 3 litre....

Could also then complete that sentence with: "Also drinks fuel and eats gearboxes....."

If the 3.0 ltr eats gearboxes then an EV drive wouldnt last long at all. Probably a custom or direct drive from the EV onto the propshaft

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Ironically I popped into the blast cleaners today. And look what i found…..

Does this typify Capri ownership ? 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 010FC3B6-A28E-4C0D-ADE3-DE01B10DEC9E.jpeg
    010FC3B6-A28E-4C0D-ADE3-DE01B10DEC9E.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2DED73DA-6893-4984-A7CB-5ABD87F419B1.jpeg
    2DED73DA-6893-4984-A7CB-5ABD87F419B1.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 3
Whilst I appreciate the elongated, thrusting design of the Capri bonnet as much as any other middle-aged bloke compensating for lack of success with the ladies, I want to know what lies beneath. Are we talking v6 electrics or a full v8 of rampant electrons, poised to unleash their potent energy at the very thought of a male gaze?

Mike_P

Guru
Whilst I appreciate the elongated, thrusting design of the Capri bonnet as much as any other middle-aged bloke compensating for lack of success with the ladies, I want to know what lies beneath. Are we talking v6 electrics or a full v8 of rampant electrons, poised to unleash their potent energy at the very thought of a male gaze?

Capris never had V8s - Wiki comments "A wide variety of engines were used in the car throughout its production lifespan, which included the Essex and Cologne V6 at the top of the range, while the Kent straight-four and Taunus V4 engines were used in lower-specification models." Presume a lot had huge empty areas in the engine space. At least that would allow for today's frontal protection to be readily incorporated.

Top Bottom