The cat has stole my hearing aid

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Today i was researching Apple AirTags. Now that woild cool (or ridiculous?) If you added the AirTags to the ear-pieces!

Apple Airpods do exactly that already. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207581
Thank you both for your suggestion but I would rather be deaf than buy an Iphone.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Went to the hearing clinic on the 5th August for a new mould to be made, they advised it would take bout 3-4 weeks to get done & they'd contact me to come collect it. I've tried to contact them a few of times over the last 2 weeks but fed up of being 14th, 8th, 222nd in the queue, but eventually got through to them this morning. The hearing aid has come back & on the 28th August has been sent to my local hospital clinic, I now have to wait for an appointment to go pick it up, I was advised due to staff shortages to expect that in 3-4 months & be lucky I wasn't a new referral as that would be over 8 months.

Really daft thing is they were supposed to post it out to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Went to the hearing clinic on the 5th August for a new mould to be made, they advised it would take bout 3-4 weeks to get done & they'd contact me to come collect it. I've tried to contact them a few of times over the last 2 weeks but fed up of being 14th, 8th, 222nd in the queue, but eventually got through to them this morning. The hearing aid has come back & on the 28th August has been sent to my local hospital clinic, I now have to wait for an appointment to go pick it up, I was advised due to staff shortages to expect that in 3-4 months & be lucky I wasn't a new referral as that would be over 8 months.

Blah blah blah....
....I'm only interested in the health of your cat? Has it survived eating your hearing aid?

CharlesF

Guru

That's the story of the NHS everywhere, so short-staffed. I was told I would wait for 12 months to see an Audiologist, but caught a lucky break when they phoned on the Friday afternoon and said there was an opening on that Saturday at 07:45 - did I want it, "Yes Please". I had a CAT scan in July and the results are outstanding nearly 3 months later.:sad:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Blah blah blah....
....I'm only interested in the health of your cat? Has it survived eating your hearing aid?

It's survived but it has been put in solitary until it confesses

IMG_20210327_124111.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Started this thread on the 22nd May, appointment for the new mould 5th August new hearing aid arrived at the hearing clinic at the local hospital on 28th August. Was told at beginning of September 12 weeks for an appointment to collect. Rang them yesterday as I'd heard nothing, it's going to be another 12-14 weeks before an appointment.

Started this thread on the 22nd May, appointment for the new mould 5th August new hearing aid arrived at the hearing clinic at the local hospital on 28th August. Was told at beginning of September 12 weeks for an appointment to collect. Rang them yesterday as I'd heard nothing, it's going to be another 12-14 weeks before an appointment.

I'm sorry but....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom