The cat has stole my hearing aid

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Well it appears to be the only logical explanation, whilst watching TV I got the sound when the battery is about to die then 30 minutes later the hearing aid stopped working. Mine are such that if the left hearing aid battery goes flat the right one also stops working, so I took them out & put them on the arm of the settee I was sitting at. I went to bed & was supposed to be bringing a new battery down in the morning, but as usual I forgot, but when I downstairs I remembered as they were both still on the settee arm.

Later the same day my wife found one of them on the floor right by the settee, but the other one cannot be found anywhere, we've searched all over but it hasn't turned up, so the only logical solution is that the cat knocked them onto the floor & then walked off with one although it doesn't wear them.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
If the cat played with your hearing aid, it's probably ended up under the fridge or under a piece of furniture :giggle:

Gwylan

Veteran
Mine do that. Hearing aids not cats!

One dies, the other sympathises.
Take them off and go search for batteries.

When I remember why I have the filing cabinet open at "medical, hearing" it's time to unite the hearing aids with new batteries. Then the challenge of getting the used batteries to their alloted recycling box.

By which time its probably bed time and the morning holds new challenges. Not least why my hearing aids are not in the scallop shell on the shelf in my office. And who left them on all night?

Time to start again. Oh and check I took my ramipril on the way.

Welcome to my world........

Well it appears to be the only logical explanation, whilst watching TV I got the sound when the battery is about to die then 30 minutes later the hearing aid stopped working. Mine are such that if the left hearing aid battery goes flat the right one also stops working, so I took them out & put them on the arm of the settee I was sitting at. I went to bed & was supposed to be bringing a new battery down in the morning, but as usual I forgot, but when I downstairs I remembered as they were both still on the settee arm.

Later the same day my wife found one of them on the floor right by the settee, but the other one cannot be found anywhere, we've searched all over but it hasn't turned up, so the only logical solution is that the cat knocked them onto the floor & then walked off with one although it doesn't wear them.

My cat broke my expensive Bluetooth running headphones by chewing the earbud.
I wouldn't bet against one eating a hearing aid. Good luck finding that one !

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
We had a cat called Raffles who was an inveterate thief. One day my wife found a stash of missing items under our bed. Biros, tweezers, nail clippers, her wedding ring (which was the reason she was looking) and various buttons, coins and keys. Lots of small metal things in fact. Many of which I had been blamed for losing. Look under the bed.

We had a cat called Raffles who was an inveterate thief. One day my wife found a stash of missing items under our bed. Biros, tweezers, nail clippers, her wedding ring (which was the reason she was looking) and various buttons, coins and keys. Lots of small metal things in fact. Many of which I had been blamed for losing. Look under the bed.

Klepto kitty! :laugh:

With the girls, it's watches, sports bras and certain, umm, feminine items. Don't ask... :whistle:

Top Bottom