The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
2016 OS map hasn't got any trig marked at all.
Looking at Trigpointing, they all assume the base is under the water butt..
I've been using 1913, 1926 & 1933 maps. The tank has nowt but mud under it.

Parish Church showing as having been one(on the maps), but another nearby church recorded. Despite the junction(soon to be redesigned) in front of it also being recorded as having been used.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Busy man, well done!:okay:

got a couple of more i could have done if i had gone further off route but time was tight so had to keep it tight

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Had to shopping (by foot)
and had a look for three,
two now well gone.
NS 3217 7439, Port Glasgow, Station Rd.
NS 3217 7439 Port Glasgow, Station Road, Wall.jpg

Most in this area are on types of sandstone and are showing weathering.

classic33

Leg End Member
Away from home.
Tablet doesn't help much.
I'd 3 today and saw one to bag tomorrow, the final hill would have had to be walked if I stopped :laugh:
Recorded as being at the upper arrow, OS maps show it at the lower one
TP-8436.jpg

Thought that one seemed oddly placed. Only one thing for it, get back to where it's shown on the map. If I'm stopped I'll be blaming @Drago

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Anyone willing to check something?
Still away from home, if I can help let me know. I've no access to database etc. Heading back west soon.
Got some today, there must have been a multitude of bridges on a canal run today, after first ten checked parapets and butts, nothing. I just winged it to collect a few. Some on a walk yesterday ^_^
Will post some at some point.
Good hunting :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Still away from home, if I can help let me know. I've no access to database etc. Heading back west soon.
Got some today, there must have been a multitude of bridges on a canal run today, after first ten checked parapets and butts, nothing. I just winged it to collect a few. Some on a walk yesterday ^_^
Will post some at some point.
Good hunting :okay:
Disputing where the water butt is supposed to be the trig point mentioned earlier. The water butt is there covering a draw hole(well).

Just want someone to check what I got today is correct.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A couple of Pillars on todays ride..
Within 100 yards of Sustrans route 6 close to Salcey Forest, and within earshot of the M1 motorway, behind.

Firstly, TP5790 - Salcey Forest. The road is on the tree line in the initial pic.
The cap and BM are in place.

IMG_2318.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

It was a case of following the tractor lines through the barley(?) field to the closest point. The plank tied to it, I assume, is so the it can be seen easily, thus doesn't get mown down during farm work and harvest..

Second Pillar bagged today was TP1498 - Blisworth Hill

IMG_2338.JPG

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2337.JPG

Not quite as visible as the first Pillar, but with OS maps on my iPhone, I navigated to within a few yards, then hopped through a hedge and fence, handily flattened a tad by previous TP baggers, and up an ivy clad slope to the prize.
The Pillar is getting a bit overgrown, and the cap is missing.
The tower in the background, dated 1825, is an air vent for the Blisworth canal tunnel below.

That's all, folks :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
A couple of Pillars on todays ride..
Within 100 yards of Sustrans route 6 close to Salcey Forest, and within earshot of the M1 motorway, behind.

Firstly, TP5790 - Salcey Forest. The road is on the tree line in the initial pic.
The cap and BM are in place.

View attachment 360733

View attachment 360731

View attachment 360732

It was a case of following the tractor lines through the barley(?) field to the closest point. The plank tied to it, I assume, is so the it can be seen easily, thus doesn't get mown down during farm work and harvest..

Second Pillar bagged today was TP1498 - Blisworth Hill

View attachment 360738

View attachment 360736

View attachment 360737

Not quite as visible as the first Pillar, but with OS maps on my iPhone, I navigated to within a few yards, then hopped through a hedge and fence, handily flattened a tad by previous TP baggers, and up an ivy clad slope to the prize.
The Pillar is getting a bit overgrown, and the cap is missing.
The tower in the background, dated 1825, is an air vent for the Blisworth canal tunnel below.

That's all, folks :okay:
Possible that the pole is also in place to make it easier for people searching for the pillar, without having to go into the field.

Top Bottom