The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Nah.. don't think so.
He's a pedantic old git, our Classic:rolleyes:

Well done, lads:okay:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I was looking at it from the farmers side. Since most don't actually want you walking through crops.

Those looking for the pillar would have a rough idea of where it was, they'd be able to mark it as seen/visited from the road.
The tractor lines went within a couple of yards of the Trig. I wouldn't want to destroy the crop!

classic33

Leg End Member
The tractor lines went within a couple of yards of the Trig. I wouldn't want to destroy the crop!
Not everyone would do that though. That's how I found out about the water butt. Being considerate, last person to visit had a dog running loose with them.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I was looking at it from the farmers side. Since most don't actually want you walking through crops.

Those looking for the pillar would have a rough idea of where it was, they'd be able to mark it as seen/visited from the road.
Give me my hook back...
On the map with the 'triangle' and dot inside, I've seen some of these before on old maps local to me and they are not Trigs but I'd always assumed them were spot heights.
I'll have a further prowl..
One today, a chance look at a church, note the bolt at the side but listed as a CBM only.
NS 6155 7231 Cadder, Parish Church
Cadder Parish Church (337 x 599).jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just a few today

IMG_20170708_051027451.jpg

In Wilby just before the George

IMG_20170708_061702349.jpg

Emberton village church

IMG_20170708_071733632.jpg

Old railway bridge going in to Oakley

IMG_20170708_072101812.jpg

Oakley church

IMG_20170708_074102285.jpg

And finally Felmersham

Passed a few more churchs that had no finds and rode past fields where there are trig points but not into wading through knee high crops etc etc

classic33

Leg End Member
Just a few today

View attachment 360940
In Wilby just before the George

View attachment 360941

Emberton village church

View attachment 360942

Old railway bridge going in to Oakley

View attachment 360943

Oakley church

View attachment 360944

And finally Felmersham

Passed a few more churchs that had no finds and rode past fields where there are trig points but not into wading through knee high crops etc etc
Trig points(pillars) tend to be a bit bigger than "Knee high". You've either got long legs or short Trig pillars.

Top Bottom