The Chain (aka tune association)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Am I the only one out there who can't tell any difference in colour/shade between orange and tangerine?🤔

Love On A Real Train - Tangerine Dream


View: https://youtu.be/ZRSNy8DcIDk?is=1ArpWQZ3ka39hsFf


Digression time.
Here we have an orange Netherlands football shirt.
re_1776282303_2026-2027-netherlands-nike-home-football-shirt-650x0.jpg

and here we have a Blackpool FC tangerine football shirt.

3337-671.jpg

Ah yes, I now see that orange is slightly darker than tangerine!🤔😉
 
Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
Am I the only one out there who can't tell any difference in colour/shade between orange and tangerine?🤔

Love On A Real Train - Tangerine Dream


View: https://youtu.be/ZRSNy8DcIDk?is=1ArpWQZ3ka39hsFf

Tangerine... Orange... Trains... This was written before the nickname the press gave for it when the (then new) trains came in the '70s', but one I have rarely heard any locals call it; The Clockwork Orange.
I was going to go for music from the film, but this is altogether more fun!

Francie And Josie, The Glasgow Underground Song:


View: https://youtu.be/8_YbGldcuKQ?si=aSFajHCsC3x0MIQU
 
Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
Holdsworth make, or made bicycles. Their traditional colours are/were orange and royal blue by the way, so this is still carrying on that orange theme!😉

View attachment 817487


City Nights - Allan Holdsworth


View: https://youtu.be/N9q2HbUnQ60?is=WpzdIY0ZheOGiWJV

Further Accy... Cyclists, drugs (I know, I know, EPO... Blood... Blood Oranges... Blood!

I cannot find the full version of this advert, but...

There is also Irn (Iron) in blood, so my previous Irn Bru advert is still relevant too! :whistle:


View: https://youtu.be/iczLXmEqvBo?si=oS6Ft2yXnObh-HpN



View: https://youtu.be/YYNOViWScsw?si=eYcQN3dxE2FzQNPA
 
Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
Runaway... Runway!!

Here is the infamous old 'Kai Tak' Airport in Hong Kong to the tune of 633 Squadron by Ron Goodwin:

I just love the excited voice at the beginning saying what almost sounds like

"Mummy mummy mummy LOOOK!!"

Although suspect it was actually something in Cantonese or similar.

Edit, you'll have to click on the link at the bottom for some daft reason, sorry:


View: https://youtu.be/3PCOcyt7BPI?si=VjpBQdG38_1eGe32
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom