The Cheshire Lanes Are Full On Sundays With Cyclist

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by YahudaMoon, 23 Jul 2012.

1. YahudaMoon

YahudaMoon Über Member

Thats it now

The Cheshire lanes are now full

Why is it on a trip out onto the Staffs plains I see so many cyclist then none after Cheshire ? With our new found heroes it's only going to get worst 'Its not a bad thing'

Whats your lanes like ?

2. vernon

vernon Harder than Ronnie Pickering

My wife complained that her lanes at the local pool became crowded when Rebecca Adlington was successful in the last Olympics. Good to see that cyclists are muscling in on the lane crowding thing.

3. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Ribble Valley and Bowland pretty full too.

4. OP
    OP
    YahudaMoon

YahudaMoon Über Member

Excepted :-) So much better for cycling

5. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Even I have been tempted out! I have been up the Cragg Vale climb a couple of times in the past week and had 3 or 4 other riders overtake me on each ascent.

6. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Careful Smeggers. One thing I can still remember from Sunday School was the text 'yield not to temptation'.:thumbsup:

7. ohnovino

ohnovino Large Member

Yeah, Cheshire yesterday morning was busier than I've ever seen it. Not sure that many were new cyclists though - I think it was more that everyone wanted to get a ride in early so they could watch the finish in the afternoon.

8. Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

i actually saw a new cyclist on my route to work! someone else daft enough to negotiate this wonderful counties roads!

9. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

Plenty out on Sunday around Cannock Chase and the motorists were being very considerate along with multiple shouts from windows of bragwigglerrrrns !" or something similar :smile:

I now pronounce all this niceness towards cyclists as "The Wiggo Effect "

10. Durian

Durian Über Member

I't won't last, it'll end up like the Wimbledon fortnight where everyone thinks they're Andy Murray, (only not as miserable of course).

perplexed likes this.
  11. endoman

endoman Senior Member

Still v quiet out where I ride in The Peak,

12. perplexed

perplexed Guru

Will they be using WD40 post -pool?:whistle:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice