the christmas my life changed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
cycle chat massive i thought i would share how my christmas is going to be the turning point in my life. i have quit my job of nearly nine years, put my flat on the market, and i'm leaving london. i'm off to yorkshire!
i am officially opting to take the path with MOST resistance, i am nervous as hell not least about starting a new job after being almost institutionalised with my current employers, that coupled with no familiarity with where i'm moving to...wish me luck i might need it!;)
on the plus i just picked up my new crimbo pressie...what d'you think, she's purdy right!http://www.flickr.com/photos/13019762@N02/2118501290/
anyway...compliments of the season to one and all...i raise a glass to you all!

york? that's up north.

good luck!

nice bike, very purdy

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
;) Yorkshire's a bit drastic!

On a serious note, good on you, it's easy to do nothing, but there's no future in it...just more of your past.

Favour fortunes the bold!

TVC

Nice one, I'm sure you will not regret the move... just remember don't go out on t' moors in't dark, stick t' road lad.

I quit my old job at Christmas 7 years ago (after nearly 20 years) to go into something totally different. Finally realised it was just too easy to stick with what I knew, but wasn't enjoying. It was the scariest thing I've ever done. It has turned out to be the best move I've ever made.

Good luck, DJ!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
beanzontoast said:
I quit my old job 7 years ago (after nearly 20 years) to go into something totally different. Finally realised it was just too easy to stick with what I knew, but wasn't enjoying. It was the scariest thing I've ever done. It has turned out to be the best move I've ever made.

Good luck, DJ!
Good for you, and brave too. And good luck dangerousjules too.
Does anyone know anyone for whom such a drastic change turned out to be the wrong choice? Just interested really, cos I've never heard anyone admit to it...

SamNichols

Fnaar said:
Good for you, and brave too. And good luck dangerousjules too.
Does anyone know anyone for whom such a drastic change turned out to be the wrong choice? Just interested really, cos I've never heard anyone admit to it...

My move to Manchester, looking back on it, hasn't been the best idea in my life. I would much rather be closer to home and all my mates than I am currently.

But still, when I moved to Exeter at age 18, it was possibly one of the best things I did, and I had a great 6 years there. So, the moves pay off, and sometimes they don't: no point not trying.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
grim up north? my arse. yorkshire folk are a great bunch and we even have indoor lavvies these days! you'll not regret it, although you might find yorkshire a bit hillier than you're used to down there.

bonj2

all the best jules!
Fnaar said:

you'll struggle to find someone who moved from london to yorkshire and regretted it. :wacko:

longers

Legendary Member
Lovely looking bike there.

Your flat looks quite tidy too so you should have no problem selling that :wacko:.

Best of luck.

Top Bottom