The Christmas present you always wanted, but never got

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maizie

Guru
A globe. I always wanted one when I was little, and I never got one.
Until I met my now-husband, who owned one, so now I co-own one.

Only now I want the rather lovely globes you can get of the Moon, Mars and Venus. If a moon one doesn't find me for Xmas, I think I'm going to find one for myself in the new year (because you can get a good 12" moon globe for under £50. The Mars and Venus ones at that size I can't find for less than £100...)

I too was desperate for a train set as a child - I wanted one for my third birthday, I got it, and I still own it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I always hankered after a train set... you know, the sort where you set it up on a big board, make buildings, mountains etc and have it trundle through your self-created landscape in the attic... never got one... I'd have broken it anyway, by making it crash into stuff... ;)

barq

Much as I love my parents they are very tight with money which used to niggle because frankly they are quite well off. Anyway when I was about fourteen I wanted to be a DJ. So I saved up some money which added to my birthday and Christmas was enough to buy a pair of record decks. To cut a long story short my dad bought me one record deck. Not two, one. In his mind I was just being greedy wanting a pair, besides who would want to play two records at the same time? ;) :sad:

longers

Legendary Member
Further to Sprockets and Aperitifs posts. I've still got my steam engines.

They haven't been fired up for 20 years or more. I hope I emptied the water out!

*goes and checks*

Yep, they're a bit dusty but look in good nick ;).

ru203k.jpg

ChrisKH

Guru
longers said:
Further to Sprockets and Aperitifs posts. I've still got my steam engines.

They haven't been fired up for 20 years or more. I hope I emptied the water out!

*goes and checks*

Yep, they're a bit dusty but look in good nick :smile:.

ru203k.jpg

Yay! My brother had a few of those! I recall vivdly him firing up one of the boilers using meths and the burning meths spilling all over the lounge carpet. Cue lots of stamping and F words as you can't see Meths burning on a light coloured Axminster. :angry:

Top Bottom