'The Classic Car Show'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice to see Quentin Wilson back on the box, plus Jodie Kidd too (tall lass that she is, at 6'2") & she's a real 'petrol-head'!
She was fun last week, when she was castigating QW over selling his E-Type (#22), I remember features in some of the classic car press when he bought it, & was trying to gather its history

However this weeks episode (I've not watched it all yet) has a feature on one of the British motor industries real success stories; the Range Rover

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-classic-car-show/episodes/episodes-4-10

He's not far wrong about the prices of good original 70-72 cars, let alone the press cars & prototypes

Chassis #1 was sold last year (actually 3rd off the line, as the press office wanted a blue one for photography purposes)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-29047632
http://www.landrovercentre.com/listings/yvb151h/

Brandane

Legendary Member
Ahhhh, proper Range Rovers owned by farmers, before they became drug dealers trophy cars. Or worse, turned into some kind of footballers wives shopping trolley with the Evoque version xx(.

Drago

Legendary Member
Had a couple of Range Rooneys in my time. The one to have is an original CSK edition classic. Pure unobtanium these days.

Alas, after serial Landy and Rangie ownership I got fed up with the trail of rusting breakages, so.defected to the Japanese.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Had a couple of Range Rooneys in my time. The one to have is an original CSK edition classic. Pure unobtanium these days.

Alas, after serial Landy and Rangie ownership I got fed up with the trail of rusting breakages, so.defected to the Japanese.
you and many others

Drago

Legendary Member
Guy over the road from me has a new RRS less than a year old. He's always moaning he spent nearly 70 big ones and it won't start,.suspension won't rise, it won't unlock....

Whereas my 15 year old Japanese fourbie cost pennies and stubbornly refuses to break (and has a proper low range, proper diff locks etc, not electronics trying to emulate those functions.)

Brandane

Legendary Member
Hope we can see some proper classics like the Hillman Imp, Bullnose Morris or Austin 7.
Get yourself up to Moffat, Dumfriesshire, on the weekend of 27/28 June if you want to see a good collection of classic cars. Especially those from the former Rootes group, as this show started out as a Rootes group gathering. Website here.

Ahhhh, proper Range Rovers owned by farmers, before they became drug dealers trophy cars. Or worse, turned into some kind of footballers wives shopping trolley with the Evoque version xx(.

Yep!!, the real Range Rover, it's the one that I want (apart from maybe a L322 -3rd generation- with the 3.6 litre V8 turbo-diesel)

CSK's are gorgeous, almost the precursor to the 'Sport' (barring the failed 'Olympic')

screenman

Legendary Member
First Range Rover we had did not Have power steering, if my memory is correct.

Top Bottom