The Classics ( spoilers !)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Just watched that,I'm glad he won.Hes been close enough this year a few times.Especially after that skid/slip near the end ! Think I shat myself for him...

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Enjoyed Fuglsang's demolition of Alaphilippe et al on the Côte de Roche-aux-Faucons, and how he then jettisoned the only two able to stay with him on that climb. From there on in, my mind was saying "Do NOT crash" as he negotiated all those slippery bends and bits of white paint - so my stomach practically hit the ceiling when he had that skid/slide moment. Well-recovered, but didn't he know he had sufficient gap not to take such unnecessary risks?

I like his riding style, so would be content to see more big successes from him - if only he wasn't connected to arch-druggist Vinokourov…..

Anyway, Fuglsang appears to be the TV commentators' new Paolo Savoldelli - i.e. just as all the commentators (that I heard) insisted on saying Salvodelli instead of Savoldelli, they all now seem to insist on pronouncing Fuglsang as Fulgsang. Even Rob Hatch with his somewhat affected foreign pronunciations does it. Get it right, people, it ain't hard!

Although that's not as irritating as constant references to 'commissars' when they mean 'commissaires'. Even Chris Boardman always got that wrong, in a non-ironic way, and he should have known better!

At least Liggett's "Boysen-Hagens" are no longer aired in this country.....

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
The only man who can be forgiven for pronunciation is King Kelly ! I could listen to him all day.As for Rob Hatch !! Don't even go there.....

Top Bottom