The Classics ( spoilers !)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ithink the win will come from a breakaway today

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Ithink the win will come from a breakaway today
You reckon ? I don't I think it'll be hard to see past Groenewegan (don't know how to spell ! ) but Id like to see Trentin go for it.Think there's some wind and rain forecast so should be fun

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've no idea who will win, but I like the classics.

It's a style - if not a speed - of riding I recognise, and I like the simple notion that the bloke who crosses the line first is the winner.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I've no idea who will win, but I like the classics.

It's a style - if not a speed - of riding I recognise, and I like the simple notion that the bloke who crosses the line first is the winner.
Still helps if you have the team,Quick Step are pretty formidable in the classics.
I'd love Standard to be up there.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I'm presuming Trentin has just been disqualified for using pavement/cycle lane.Where I've just sent another 3/4 in the peleton doing same thing.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm presuming Trentin has just been disqualified for using pavement/cycle lane.Where I've just sent another 3/4 in the peleton doing same thing.
Cyclingnews Live commentary by Barry Ryan said:

17:54:46 CET
Matteo Trentin did not finish the race, but his Mitchelton-Scott team have confirmed that he was not disqualified

Bit odd. They usually take a hard line on such shortcuts.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Strange that he sat up so to speak.
From Eurosport
The champion of Europe Matteo Trentin was disqualified of the Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne after trying to rejoin the group after suffering a fall. The Italian runner cut a roundabout in the pursuit and the race direction did not have any regard and he disqualified him from the race

Top Bottom