The Classics ( spoilers !)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Arse. I didn't realise that they were also showing the women's race, I've just caught the last couple of km.
Great win by Van Vleuten, it looks like she's back on form !
I hope they show the highlights; I'd like to see how she made the break.

30 minutes 'til the men's race starts.
Is it too early for beer ? I've already been out for a ride !

then you have earned your beer , womens race is on again straight after the mens :okay:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
you were doing so well until you mentioned the peanut butter and cheese wrap :evil: says the guy that likes cheese spread and piccalilli on crumpets:whistle:

In my defence, breakfast was a glass of juice and a cup of tea (skimmed milk).
I had a latte on the ride and my sandwich was "lunch". The cheese was "protein cheese" so low fat, unlike the peanut butter. Obvs.
I've also had a couple of satsumas.
and that concludes this short intermission , back to the classics

Yes, it's kicking off.

Last edited:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Yay !
Brilliant by Alaphilippe ( RAAAWWWRRR) and impressive work by Fugelsang and Van Aert.
I reckon Van Aert is one to watch for the future. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at DQS.

Last edited:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Dear Mrs roadrash,

Mr roadrash can get some things right.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew Br

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
First time I think I've seen someone win Strade Bianche based on their descending skills! That was tactically perfect from Alaphilippe, matching Fuglsgang on the climb and letting him get to the top first, and then attacking and using his superior fearless descending to just go away from him in the last few hundred metres. It's Van Aert I feel most for though - getting dropped and then working so hard to come back and then lead the race onto that final climb. But then of course he just had nothing left...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well, +1 to the radio news for mentioning Julian Alan Philips, but -1 for not considering Wout Van Aert. Third again! I suspect he'll try again.

Also, -1 to ESP for spoiling the women's race as the men crossed the line. :wacko: I was watching the men live and was going to catch the women's highlights later. They weren't on ESP 1 yet - can't have equality for women on ESP today because International Women's day was yesterday.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Only got chance to watch this morning good race and win by Allaphillipe.He really has it all for thst type of racing,never doubted him in the end.Admirable ride by Van Aert but the effort it took to get back was too much.Third two years in a row ?

Flanders this weekend....who will you put your money on, Sagan has to be in with a shout , Bob Jungles looked good today at dwars door vlaanderen, and if I had to pick a third I would go for Stybar, ...so come on who do you think ….

Top Bottom