The Club on the Bike Channel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I can't see anywhere else to put this - not in the 'cycling on TV' thread anyway.

The Club starts on Wednesday the 22nd of February at 9pm on The Bike Channel. It's on Sky 464, Virgin 552 and Freesat 251: http://bikechannel.co.uk/the-club/

My club (Ravensthorpe CC) is being featured on the 8th March showing, with my 12 year-old roller racing against Ned Boulting in the programme - and in the trailer at 0:18. I can't tell you who wins though ... but it was close. Also there's an interview with Brian Robinson, of TDF fame, who's likely to be out on his regular Saturday ride.

I'm not sure what they've got on the programme but we've children (from Kirklees Cycling Academy) who are riding along-side the Ravensthorpe Ladies section on the ride and a group of nutters going up Holme Moss in the snow and wind. Which included myself and my 12yo - who beat most of us up the hill :blink:

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'll probably watch but I am fearing a parade of spandex on road bikes, rather than something reflecting the diversity of cycling clubs. Thanks for the heads up.

Seen two in the series so far. The first looked like a long and tedious day's filming on a cold day and frankly had me reaching for the fast forward. This week I watched one on the Ripcor club, named after its two founders. Initially put off by the narcissistic naming, it did make for a more interesting programme despite the dreich weather. Liked their jerseys too, especially the pink versions that some of their female members were sporting.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I believe that Bike Channel has now folded. Shame, I was enjoying the cross races they broadcast over last winter.

That's a real shame. I remember when they launched I was looking forward to watching some of their content, but I don't have Freesat or cable. I assume it's more expensive to launch a channel on Freeview, but I think that's where most of the viewers are!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That's a real shame. I remember when they launched I was looking forward to watching some of their content, but I don't have Freesat or cable. I assume it's more expensive to launch a channel on Freeview, but I think that's where most of the viewers are!
Yes. Over 18 million Freeview households. Over 2 million Freesat households.

Top Bottom