The Commuting Forum must be...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
I don't contribute to the thread that often but still commuting everyday except today because it's my day off

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Plenty of people including me still cycle commuting during lockdown (if not more so?) but as the commute tales thread often tends to be a rather negative 'rant/look at my vid of a nobber/my commute was a disaster' platform I don't often visit or post in it.
I guess the lower traffic levels and recent nice weather means less for people to grumble/complain about so much less forum post traffic as a result?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Still commuting once or twice a week at the moment. Absolutely love the quoted roads until I get nearer to London where it still can be very busy. Hardly see any other commuting cyclists though.

Sharky

Guru
How I miss the old commute! One hour each way most days, really gives a good cycling base.
But not because of the lockdown - have been retired for 5 years and I miss that regular mileage.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Still commuting and trying to keep you all entertained 😁

05BF915A-A803-48F1-A89D-794DB59A1139.jpeg

If you think it is quiet here,,,

...you should see the pro road race section

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
There's something strangely appealing about that scene, even in the rain. Rainwater on water, and nobody else about.
It was damp but well worth it especially as I got nearer home and the weather improved. The Bridgewater Way is a brilliant path. This is the mining museum at the turn off point of my commute, a bit of angry sky always makes the photo better

06CAAE3C-584D-4CC8-A757-70416B0CD0AF.jpeg

ren531

Über Member
First week back commuting for me after a month and two days furlugh, found it difficult to get used to the traffic again after a month of utopian cycling along empty endlessly sunny quiet lanes with nothing but birdsong to interrupt your thoughts, got used to it by Friday, though you do get a feeling of the fear that a new to commuting cyclist gets again. I am amazed by how much plant growth on the road side there's been since I last went to work.

Top Bottom