The consequences of ignoring traffic signals.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like TVC's beret :giggle:

The Frank Spencer of Cycle Chat!
custom_frame-r4c1dd1ef801a453a9261815fc2128f6f_ezj_ez6_92.jpg

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I don't want to drive a train. I want to drive the crane. :hyper:

Arch

Married to Night Train

TVC

Oh, it would be, the weekend we planned to go to NT's local AmDram production of Calendar Girls....

<thinks>
<confers with NT>

If we did the theatre on the Friday instead, we could travel down to Mum on Sat, and do Sunday at the railway... Would that suit?

Are there enough trains n the day to get off and look at each station? It looks great fun!
Definitely, last year we started at Loughborough, rode down to Leicester then hopped back a station at a time slipping in an extra couple of trips to make sure we coveted all the locos. You may particularly enjoy the coal fired fish and chip can.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Definitely, last year we started at Loughborough, rode down to Leicester then hopped back a station at a time slipping in an extra couple of trips to make sure we coveted all the locos. You may particularly enjoy the coal fired fish and chip can.

Coveted or covered? Could be either...,.

Well, it sounds like a great idea. Are you up for it? As my Mum is coming to visit this weekend, I can book our Leicester accommodation verbally...

TVC

Coveted or covered? Could be either...,.

Well, it sounds like a great idea. Are you up for it? As my Mum is coming to visit this weekend, I can book our Leicester accommodation verbally...
It's a date, we had a lot of fun last year.

TVC

Hoorah!

We've told Mum we'll be coming down, and we can take advantage of the trip to do a few odd jobs for her too.

We'll put it in the Big Calendar of Fun Things.
Excellent, I'll pm you both so we don't bore everyone else.^_^

Arch

Married to Night Train
[QUOTE 2439067, member: 45"]The crane was just a demo train for part of the weekend. The accident site has been taken by HMRI and the loco is still there.

Someone's in big trouble.[/quote]

Oh dear. Is that likely to impact on the Great Central in fines or anything? Do they have insurance to cover it? Who owns the track, presumably it's not Railtrack...

TVC

Oh dear. Is that likely to impact on the Great Central in fines or anything? Do they have insurance to cover it? Who owns the track, presumably it's not Railtrack...
It's all owned by GCR.

By the video, it looks like it's just a brain fart by the driver, so as long as his paperwork is in order the railway shouldn't get blame.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Very similar here. I lived in Kidderminster until I was 12 so the SVR was a short car ride away, then walking distance when they completed the Kidder extension.^_^

At the time I suppose the owners of the engines were all older so had them painted in the big four colours where appropriate. Much nicer!

As for Wales, The Fairbourne Railway (when it was still 15" gauge with Sian & Katie:thumbsup: ), Vale of Rheidol (in BR blue:thumbsdown: ) and the Ffestiniog Railway (pre and during deviation) are what I recall strongly from childhood.

The Welshpool & Llanfair is closest but for some reason I've only been on that a handful of times.:unsure:

Edit: I forgot to mention the Talyllyn, how could I forget the Talyllyn? Wonderful little line and of course the oldest preserved railway in the world.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom