The consequences of ignoring traffic signals.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
That driver needs to read rule 55 again (no, not the velominati one :laugh:).

Night Train

Maker of Things
Actually NT, have you never been? Arch has to take you to the WW2 weekend, proper nostalgia for those who weren't there. Lets do it, dress up if you want.
Arch says it is where we went with her sister and family. I managed to blag a ride for me and Arch's BiL on the footplate as the loco ran around at the end of the line.
Arch managed to get a little video.
th_DSCN2894.jpg

Reactions: TVC

postman

Legendary Member
There is Embsay steam railway a few miles from Bolton Abbey.It is a brill ride on the bike with the enjoyment of seeing puffer trains at the end.Best of all worlds.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Actually NT, have you never been? Arch has to take you to the WW2 weekend, proper nostalgia for those who weren't there. Lets do it, dress up if you want.

Ooh, any idea when it is? We should meet up!

As NT says, he has been, and the grins he and BiL were wearing when they got off the footplate were huge. I think they got more out of the trip than the boys - who loved the model railway best (I think it was Rothley we went to).

Right, I'm off, to catch a train.:hello:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
That reminds me of the Frontierland steam railway in Morecambe.. one of those miniature narrow gauge steam trains the driver sits 'on' rather than 'in'... the track was built by the usual staff and I didn't see the train complete a single circuit without derailing*... fortunately it only went 2 miles an hour.

*i worked there 10 hours a day, 6 days a week so if it did get round once, I'd have known about it.

Crankarm

Guru
[QUOTE 2434335, member: 76"]It looks like a crash but was actually a low speed rudder induced aileron high pitch stall. I think he stalled it because the angle of attack on one of those locos should always stay within the 13-15 degree variant when trying to pull away with a V1 at full thrust without engaging the self-retracting undercarriage. And with that many carriages there would always be a danger of loco-track disconnect when the main engine S7 was only partially open to allow for maximum wheel rotationage at auto-disengage. It will all be on the data recorder, which I think on that model is tucked under the drivers seat in a plastic lunchbox.[/quote]

^^^^^ What he said.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There is Embsay steam railway a few miles from Bolton Abbey.It is a brill ride on the bike with the enjoyment of seeing puffer trains at the end.Best of all worlds.

The Middleton Railway's a lot closer. I need to pay a visit as there seems to have been major infrastructure developments since my last visit.

Lullabelle

Banana
I didn't crash when I drove a train
IMG_0755.JPG

Top Bottom