The coolest guy ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The Fonz !
His leather jacket in 'Happy Days' has always slightly bothered me. If you look at it,it's a 1970's 'bomber jacket' when the program was made,not a 1950's type leather motorcyclist jacket. :rolleyes:

1602543560248.png
:becool:

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I watched the Lemmy documentary a few years ago and tbh he seemed a bit of a sad figure to me. Like he'd constructed this persona and this lifestyle that he felt he had to play along with and couldn't really break out of. Everyone else had moved on and he was still stuck where he was forty years ago.

But most of the people put forward here as 'cool' I just find creepy as shoot. My ideas of cool are probably a bit different.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Nah, Lemmy was very cool indeed. He did what he wanted no matter what people thought of him, lived life how he wanted and never pandered to anyone ever.

Yebbut you could say that about any number of odious, self centred toads.

Look at Trump for example.
He doesn't give a shoot, about anyone, or their opinions either.

He couldn't be further from 'cool' if he tried.

The 'coolest' guys I know, don't even realise they're doing it.

They're just being themselves, and producing good outcomes, in their field, without it having to be all about them, without treading on other people, or having to massage their own massive egos.

Maybe it's just me, but I know far more 'cool af' women than guys.. :becool:

At the risk of being a chauvinist I can't really think of any Women I would class as 'Cool' in the same manner as the aforementioned Viv, McQueen and Jackson.

Having said that I can't stand the term 'Guys' either so what do I know?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I'm sure Drago will pitch in soon but the music industry is full of huge egos and that isn't just the bands. Lemmy never gave an inch to managers, record companies or any of the vehicles that get 'you out there' to the masses. I saw him touting his own album on demo once in LA as he hadn't complied with some shiny promoter who then dumped him off the bill. He stayed true to what he liked and knew what fans wanted and in that sense, love or loathe him he rocked.

I'm sure Drago will pitch in soon but the music industry is full of huge egos and that isn't just the bands. Lemmy never gave an inch to managers, record companies or any of the vehicles that get 'you out there' to the masses. I saw him touting his own album on demo once in LA as he hadn't complied with some shiny promoter who then dumped him off the bill. He stayed true to what he liked and knew what fans wanted and in that sense, love or loathe him he rocked.
That's not really being 'Cool' though is it?

Depends on your perception of the word I guess but that's why these debates are very interesting.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Let's not stop there shall we? My wife was in an elevator with Henry Winkler and all she could think of doing was to say "heyyyyyyyyy" with two thumbs up. He was most definitely not impressed!

I will say when I was 11 I did think he was cool but it didn't take many years after that to think of him as being most "un-cool".

His leather jacket in 'Happy Days' has always slightly bothered me. If you look at it,it's a 1970's 'bomber jacket' when the program was made,not a 1950's type leather motorcyclist jacket. :rolleyes:

View attachment 552133 :becool:

Top Bottom