The coolest guy ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Good call!
One anecdote relates that in the mid-1980s, an intoxicated Jagger phoned Watts' hotel room in the middle of the night, asking, "Where's my drummer?" Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying: "Don't ever call me your drummer again. You're my f***ing singer!"

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I must reiterate.

OP
OP
raleighnut

raleighnut

Legendary Member
One anecdote relates that in the mid-1980s, an intoxicated Jagger phoned Watts' hotel room in the middle of the night, asking, "Where's my drummer?" Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying: "Don't ever call me your drummer again. You're my f***ing singer!"
Only half the story, Jagger was sliding across a table towards an open window after being punched and someone* grabbed him before he went out of it, when asked why replied "He's wearing my new Jacket"

* I think it was Woody

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
At the risk of being a chauvinist I can't really think of any Women I would class as 'Cool' in the same manner as the aforementioned Viv, McQueen and Jackson.

Having said that I can't stand the term 'Guys' either so what do I know?

How about Grace Jones??

She is pretty 'cool' in a 'music biz' kind of stylee.

Kate Bush ?

I'd definitely want her on my side in a fight.

:becool:

Otherwise from other fields of endeavour, the sadly lately departed, but never forgotten.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, springs to mind.

She definitely rocked.

Men in music ??

Hmm, howsabout Prince?

Stunning back catalogue, exuded style, and generally considered an inspiration by other musicians.

It's highly subjective isn't it.

Someone should start a book on how many pages this thread will run to.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Peter Wyngarde's 'Jason King' was a pretty cool chap of his time.

1602628588568.png

1602628654993.png

The character was a total poseur and i know folk say coolness should be effortless and 'Jason' certainly made lots of effort to look cool,but he deserves a mention!:becool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
raleighnut

raleighnut

Legendary Member
How about Grace Jones??

She is pretty 'cool' in a 'music biz' kind of stylee.

Kate Bush ?

I'd definitely want her on my side in a fight.

:becool:

Otherwise from other fields of endeavour, the sadly lately departed, but never forgotten.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, springs to mind.

She definitely rocked.

Men in music ??

Hmm, howsabout Prince?

Stunning back catalogue, exuded style, and generally considered an inspiration by other musicians.

It's highly subjective isn't it.

Someone should start a book on how many pages this thread will run to.
Nah Grace is a bit of a 'Diva', remember her belting 'Russell Harty'* on TV

* it may have been another 'presenter' but I seem to think it was him.

Now Bonnie Raitt, she is cool.

View: https://youtu.be/-nmPdUiT5ks

Top Bottom