The cost of a single railway ticket.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My son works in the Baltic sea on wind farms. He has to take a train from Hamburg airport to where he gets a helicopter to take him to the site boat. The distance is about 300 kms and the cost, first class? .........£28!!
How much would he pay overhere , first class, for the same distance? Probably 10 times more.
So , why can the Germans do it and not the British? Pure greed I think.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My son works in the Baltic sea on wind farms. He has to take a train from Hamburg airport to where he gets a helicopter to take him to the site boat. The distance is about 300 kms and the cost, first class? .........£28!!
How much would he pay overhere , first class, for the same distance? Probably 10 times more.
Because Germany still believes in the quaint notion that there *is* such a thing as society.

snorri

Legendary Member

PK99

Legendary Member

200+miles

fares.PNG

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

Outfeckinrageous. They're creaming all that extra off and spending it on lardy cake and whippet racing I bet.

subaqua

What’s the point
Well depends if he pre booked it or just rocked up and bought it. I know you can do Penzance to Inverness for £40 if you book it right . Not that I would want to spend that long on a train !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Mind you, I got stiffed for £86 for a train back from Swansea to Brighton after a dirty weekend with la belle Claudine.
Some of the above may have been exaggerated ...:okay:

[QUOTE 4733760, member: 259"]£28 for a helicopter ride is daylight robbery. The lazy sod should swim it.[/QUOTE]
It's a first class helicopter

snorri

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4733755, member: 259"]French trains are chufftastic. They just can't do mushy peas, though.[/QUOTE]
The last time I was in a French train with my bike I was put in a wagon with an open door, which was a little frightening at first, but it was a hot day so as aircon goes, the open door was very effective.

Top Bottom