The Crankset Redemption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Two months extra for nicking the bike.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Fun and freedom on a bike?
Interesting that he got so far. Was he wearing a colourful set of overalls with HM Prison on the back, a prison issue grey top and jogging bottoms, or his own clothes? Maybe he had read that you become invisible when you get on a bike. Did pretty well if he was a non cyclist, but obviously had a lot of motivation to get as far away as possible.
He was hardly Papillon, but he spotted a weakness in the system and made the most of it. Presumably that avenue of escape will have been closed now, following a review.
I suspect the extra 2 months was more for his attempted escape than for pinching the the bike. Did they get the bike back?

13 rider

Guru
So motorist reported him for riding on the A1 ,should has used komoot to plot a cycle friend route and who knows where he would have made it too these things need planning . But the A1 probably allowed for quicker speeds

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Cycling is not always used for a good intent. A prisoner from HMP Bedford stole a bike from a prison workshop and cycled 40 miles down the A1 towards London before being apprehended:

https://road.cc/content/news/prisoner-escapes-bike-after-stealing-it-jail-298465

He must of been quite fit as he managed the journey in two hours.

It does say he evaded capture for over 2 hours, not that he rode 45 miles in 2 hours.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It does say he evaded capture for over 2 hours, not that he rode 45 miles in 2 hours.
You work it out then Ming:

IMG_20230109_123003.jpg

Top Bottom