The "crimes" if mixed mode commuting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
One crime is standing where the guard needs to go to open the doors. Or to stand with suitcases and large bags in the doorway that is opening so people have to push past you even though you had plenty of room to move out of the way.

Guard who tries to turn me away with my folder then tell full sized bike users totry the other end. Why? Mine takes less room than those 2 huge suitcases filling the bike spot but they try to stop me!

• Wow
Reactions: mjr

tinywheels

Über Member
People who want to get on the train using the door you are trying to exit, with bike, but they wont leave room for you to roll out.
agreed, most annoying

TK421

Casual Extremist
I have ridden the full distance to London, but an 8 hour working day plus 10 hours on the bike each way would have meant leaving 4 hours before I got home.
While not trying to lessen the gravity of your circumstances this sentence reminded me of the Monty Python sketch with the Yorkshiremen who got up half an hour before they went to bed.
I don't have the luxury of public transport to commute to work (either bus or train, the rail network was ripped out years ago in the name of progress and bus services are uneconomical in the local area even with government subsidies) so I have little choice but to drive.
On the rare occasions of using public transport it seems to me that there is as much hatred of cyclists from pedestrians as there is from motorists. You have my sympathies.

froze

Über Member
Why do you think it might be a crime? If the public transportation system will allow your bike, then you're good to go. Where I live, I see buses with bikes on a rack that the bus has on the front, people do that all the time.

Top Bottom