The Daily Mail does the school run.....................by bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
i have to confess I read this article in an actual copy of the DM today.

Please don't be tooo hard on me - it was lying around in my mother's house and read it whilst waiting for her to return.

The article is a bit "middle class"

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I wouldnt wipe my ass on that pile of racist bigoted crap.

Lighten up - it's a soft feature about a toy which has become popular with the yummy mummy set.

And if you really think the Mail is a pile of 'racist bigoted crap' you have led a very sheltered life.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i have to confess I read this article in an actual copy of the DM today.

Please don't be tooo hard on me - it was lying around in my mother's house and read it whilst waiting for her to return.

The article is a bit "middle class"
why would you lie to us

Usual stuff then, 11 posts and not one comment about the actual mode of transport. I actually think it is a good idea, if it gets more cars off the street. Whether I like the newspaper or not, really is not important.

Linford

[QUOTE 2798279, member: 259"]It is a pile of racist bigoted crap. And for an example of the kind of people who read it, take a look at the comments section on that article. :rolleyes:[/quote]
My dad moved here from India in the 40's and reads the dm. He was also a union rep and had his right to be in one removed by the tory gov in the early 80's...i think you will find that to be an immigrant doesn't automatically mean that you must be a leftist, or automatically agree with everything written in the paper. Whilst it has a political section, it also has a fairly broad general interest section as well as a sport section...not everyone who buys it is a political animal.
Good to see them promoting cycing anyhow :thumbsup:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
.not everyone who buys it is a political animal. :thumbsup:

I would suggest most readers are not.

The Mail appeals to many because there is a lot in it to read and do - the puzzles/quizzes section goes on for pages and slaughters anything published in the other nationals.

I actually think that the Daily Mail (and others) miss a plethora of data in these articles and should really ba undertaking ana nalysis of the comments.

A couple of "quick and dirty" conclusions:

Good quality cars are obtainable at less than £1000

Roads are dangerous because of bad drivers

Bad drivers are "other people"

Bad driving an misuse of pavements by cars is invisible (or acceptable)

There is a real lack of any knowledge about cycle helmets

There is a real lack of any realistic knowledge about how safe cycling is

These simple observations spell out where education could (and should) be going?

Lighten up - it's a soft feature about a toy which has become popular with the yummy mummy set.

And if you really think the Mail is a pile of 'racist bigoted crap' you have led a very sheltered life.

As a 6' 2" bearded bloke, that is the first time I have been mistaken for a yummy mummy!

Can I recommend Specsavers

Top Bottom