The Dangers of Toilet Seats!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't know if many male riders have yet encountered this problem yet but it is becoming an annoying thing here at home !
Going to the little room is becoming like playing Russian Roulette!
Being good I lift the seat so as not to splash everywhere. Sometimes I shut my eyes as having prostate cancer it's difficult to get going. So with my eyes shut just relaxing there is a sudden almighty loud bang as the toilet seat slams shut! It's a good job I wasn't mid stream as It made me jump and almost have a heart attack! I could have had to mop up the floor as it made me jump out of my skin! I could have been maimed for life if it hadn't been for my quick reactions !
I believe that there is a conspiracy afoot! Toilet seat designers have discovered that if they can get the seat to be just off vertical when raised their ambition will be achieved! It is like a mouse trap sprung ready for action !
Beware ! You have been warned!
:whistle:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
why not sit down, relax and take your time...your home loo does not have to be used like a public urinal. its also more hygienic than splashing piss around the floor.

a.twiddler

Veteran
A urinal has its attractions in such situations. Failing that, a judicious fingertip on the toilet seat. I can understand not wanting to sit on an unfamiliar toilet seat in some rancid public toilet, but sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, suck it up, take a seat and go with the flow. Overcoming the psychological barrier that it's an insult to one's manhood to sit down to pee, at least in the UK, is probably the biggest hurdle but what could be more masculine than prostate issues? Many chaps of a certain age can say, been there, done that, got the T shirt. Sometimes it's just a case of what works, without making life harder than it needs to be.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
In Germany it is the norm to sit down for No.1 and No.2's

Civilised country. Boo to the Stehpinklers!

I've also witnessed a rotating self cleaning / disinfecting toilet seat in a restaurant in Stuttgart! That's right up there with Japanese warm water jet arse cleaners in the toilet invention world IMHO

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
In Germany it is the norm to sit down for No.1 and No.2's

They already know about the problem then ! :whistle:

Top Bottom