England : London The Death of a Sunday London Ride CANCELLED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Join us for our final themed ride of 2018. An easy ride around town in the best traditions of the Sunday London Ride, this time with ‘death’ as our theme. Led by the inimitable @Trickedem.

Subject to recce, the route will be around 15 miles, and finishes at Alexandra Palace. I expect us to be there around 1.30pm. Lycra optional.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round.

Expressions of interest for 21 October please.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and Tim’s role will be simply to guide us round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Wearing black, presumably?

Also, if the deaths in question involve someone who got stabbed with an umbrella (possibly) on Waterloo Bridge, I've done a bit of research on that tale....

Last edited:

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
I'll guess we're going up a not-fixed-friendly lane in Highgate
upload_2018-9-21_10-47-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-21_10-48-24.png
    upload_2018-9-21_10-48-24.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 55

sagefly

Veteran

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Too late for the death of Ernest Bevin, John Burn and Ernest Newman. They're the ferries at the Woolwich Free Ferry and they will be decommissioned on 5 October. Note that the crossing will be boatless for 2 to 3 months while they make the piers fit the 2 new replacement ferries, Dame Vera Lynn and Ben Woolacott (ferry worker who drowned in 2011).

Top Bottom