The domino effect.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Someone will be in trouble, the racking is either under specified or overloaded.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'm calling shoddy or overloaded shelving. I've seen a lot of this stuff on the internet (usually in other countries). I know we often cry "'elf and safety gone mad" but we are lucky that this type of thing doesn't happen often here due to our strict H&S stuff

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s clearly not staged.
Look at the employees at the bottom in yellow, both very lucky to escape, plus the person in the forklift. It would take trained rescue teams hours to dig him out safely.

pawl

Legendary Member
It’s clearly not staged.
Look at the employees at the bottom in yellow, both very lucky to escape, plus the person in the forklift. It would take trained rescue teams hours to dig him out safely.

Saw a beer lorry lose its load burying a mini.No one hurt it was not true.Just an anicdote or whatever ther called

D

Deleted member 1258

It’s clearly not staged.

Employees at the bottom in just the right place to run clear for effect, racking goes down like domino's, some boxes look empty, forklift barely touches the racking before it goes down, to me that looks staged.

Last edited by a moderator:

gbb

Legendary Member
When you see racking like that up close...heavy duty it doesn't look :whistle:.
The FLT possibly weighs 2 tonnes, it possibly caught the upright with his load guard and considering the beams are only a couple of mm's thick and the uprights are only 2 or 3 mm thic...maybe 4, they don't take much to damage them. Plus it relies on all the force being downwards through the uprights, disturb that and you have a big problem.

There's a lot of what looks like fluid spraying out as it goes, and fluid is heavy so they may have overloaded it....but it may well have been specced for the weight that's on it...depending on where in the world this happened.

Drive in racking is stronger, it's a mass of interlocked bays, very strong but harder for FLT drivers, you get more damage but it can take a lot more.

Top Bottom