"The driver told his insurance he "wasn't moving at impact"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Crash for cash cyclist? :ohmy:

The fact the insurance company saw the footage and paid out suggests it's not a scam. How many cash for crash bod's film their stunt?

Hip Priest

Veteran
It's the driver's fault for pulling into the cyclist's path, but it's always worth taking extra care when filtering to avoid a collision in these circumstances.

I've got no sound here so I can't comment on the ensuing discussion.

Hip Priest

Veteran
One small point when watching the video, is that the camera's viewpoint is a bit higher than the cyclist's eyeline. We get to see the car a little earlier than he would have.

Plus, when you're watching a video about a collision, you're expecting a collision. When you're cycling along in real time, you aren't. I always try to bear these things in mind when watching these videos.

vickster

Legendary Member
The fact the insurance company saw the footage and paid out suggests it's not a scam. How many cash for crash bod's film their stunt?
I wasn't being entirely serious! :wacko: I can't see why any cyclist would not try to avoid an accident...from my own experience, it mostly hurts!

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Crash or collision. A driver who hits someone who is stationary and YELLING a warning because the driver is looking the other way cannot possibly claim it was an "accident".

Had the same impression - it could have been avoided. Insurance companies also pay out if the compensation is low and to avoid further operational cost. The driver's fib probably aided the decision.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

The idea that insurance companies simply pay up to avoid hassle is a made-up tale from la la land. Until the footage was shown the insurance company would have paid precisely zero, because it would have been he said/he said.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Someone in charge of a ton of metal doesn't look and drives into someone, and the victim gets cross! Unfriggingbelievable.

vickster

Legendary Member
Crash or collision. A driver who hits someone who is stationary and YELLING a warning because the driver is looking the other way cannot possibly claim it was an "accident".
In my opinion (which you'll likely disagree with, like pretty much everything), an accident is a collision, crash or incident (or whatever the preferred term is) that occurs where there was no intent on the part of either party (I'm giving the cyclist the benefit of the doubt here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom