The ecstasy of solitude

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
It's not so much solitude I crave, as perfect silence.
For me, the greatest bane of modern life, is the absence of silence.
It seems these days, that no matter where you go or when you go, in southern England at least, your ears are always assaulted with car noise, lawnmowers, hedge trimmers, the drone of aircraft, when all you want to hear, and nothing else, is the sigh of the breeze through the trees.
If to achieve this, you need to bury yourself in the wilderness, I'm sometimes quite tempted.
Certainly, when I retire, I will remove myself to a quieter and more remote, less densely-populated part of our island.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
You’re correct, but not having a fire for that long in the middle of a North American winter is pretty amazing.

For some reason that story which I found out about yesterday reminded me of the book by Erlend Loe where he goes off to live in the woods and befriends a moose and supporting himself by eating giant toblerones! I know roughly where North Pond is which made it interesting as it's very close to a small town. May have been why it reminded me of it.

The man of the hole is a whole other level though. No one knows what his name is, the language he speaks or what that language was called. Not even sure people know what the tribe was called. Has a 42 square mile exclusion zone around him.

I often go for walks at 02:00 around my village while the world is asleep just to listen to nature
Anyone ever seen you? They must surely wonder? Ever seen anything odd?
Stress am not saying you shouldn't or that you are odd. My london house is in a tucked away corner. Sometimes if i wake very early have been known to stand outside taking in the silence - yes london can be quiet and oeaceful.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Anyone ever seen you? They must surely wonder? Ever seen anything odd?
Stress am not saying you shouldn't or that you are odd. My london house is in a tucked away corner. Sometimes if i wake very early have been known to stand outside taking in the silence - yes london can be quiet and oeaceful.
Anyone ever seen you? - yes the police, but they didn't even stop me, but today I'm not too surprised !!!
They must surely wonder? - they can think what they like
Ever seen anything odd? - only me for I have walked right round my village 3.5 miles naked, I have the photos to prove it, on my naturist forum loads of us do it male as well as females.
The only thing that has spoilt it is they switch the street lights off at 01:00 – 04:00 so now you have to take a torch with you as some areas are pitch black.

Seruiously?

If so, proves yet again that there is rarely a stupid question (or at least not from me) .

Taking you seriously/living dangerously, how come you never see any of these fellow naturists of both genders wandering around your village of a night?

And - naturally - WE need to know where this village is - where clearly it's all happening.

(here in London of a night all I get is shrieks from mating foxes)

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Seruiously?

It's not foxes...

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's funny.... the BBC covered that hermit story a few years ago. Are they recycling old features?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Seruiously?

If so, proves yet again that there is rarely a stupid question (or at least not from me) .

Taking you seriously/living dangerously, how come you never see any of these fellow naturists of both genders wandering around your village of a night?

And - naturally - WE need to know where this village is - where clearly it's all happening.

Q. how come you never see any of these fellow naturists of both genders wandering around your village of a night?
As far as I now there is only one other naturists in my area, but I bet there are quite a few that are nudists behind closed doors or only on over seas holidays.
I think before I joined the group someone put it up as a dare and it went from there onwards, but in England now it is not against the law to be naked in a public place – FACT.
We also go skinny dipping and forest hiking the former is great fun early morning or late evenings or any time on a nudist beach there are two groups on Facebook and we come from all walks of life and there is not one nutter among us.

<------------------

Globalti

Legendary Member
There's a nudist colony just down the road from us, about a mile south of Ribchester. The only people I've seen going in and out when cycling past have been quite elderly and not in the finest physical shape so I haven't bothered joining as I wouldn't want to put them all to shame.

There's a nudist colony just down the road from us, about a mile south of Ribchester. The only people I've seen going in and out when cycling past have been quite elderly and not in the finest physical shape so I haven't bothered joining as I wouldn't want to put them all to shame.
somewhere near wilpshire?
If so rings a bell from an overheard conversation as a kid.
Not the best bit of the world for naturism.
Though that weather is possibly less injurious to flesh than bikes.

Top Bottom