The Elizabeth Line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The bus from my village to the station is a double decker - I'll be sure to sit in the front row upstairs to get that fix.
I used to do that when we got a Red Rover, a travel card which allowed unlimited travel all day on London red busses. The conductor when upstairs used to stamp on the floor to indicate to the drive to move off . Needless to say we mimicked that so got thrown off a few times.
Happy days.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A funicular up Snake Pass 🤪

Sounds great

But at the risk of introducing a little seriousness into the thread again the Manchester to Glossop rail service is a great example of the difference in public transport regionally. Glossop is a town of 25k people and is about 8 miles from Manchester, the trainline runs through Hyde, Guide Bridge etc, a catchment at a guess of 100k. We are now "enjoying" a reduced service which is often no more than 1 train per hour, reduced from 1 per 20 minutes at rush hour with zero indication of a return to previous service levels. At only 8 miles to Manchester, there is a huge demand but it's forcing people back into cars.

So good luck to everyone using and enjoying the Elizabeth Line. I hope it brings benefits. But try to remember that, outside the South East of England, public transport is on its knees and is a key reason why there is such a regional disparity in economic growth

sheddy

Legendary Member
I thought the Elizabeth Line was a one off event.

Top Bottom